Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car questions

jsmbrown

Question

I have a new car and I want some advice on what I should use to keep it new and shiny.  

What are the products/procedures you should use on a new car?

For example, at what point should I use a clay bar?  Then do I wax it or just use H2O guard and gloss?  

Basically what should I be doing besides washing it on a regular basis?

13 answers to this question

I'd clay it even though it's new, then use H2O GG then wax it.

I'd change the order a bit...clay it, wax it (or ideally paint sealant, then optionally follow up with wax) and H2O GG after every handful of subsequent washes.

Id do the same as your old car, The only thing you may find is that the correction may not take nearly as much work. 

Strip wash

Clay

Decon

H20 GG if you dont have time, 

If you have the time, 

Correction

Paint Sealant

Top with what you like. 

Why is it necessary to use correction polish on a new car? There are no swirl marks on it.  

Why is it necessary to use correction polish on a new car? There are no swirl marks on it.

If it looks good to you, then there is no need. I would probably give it a once over with finishing polish if it were me though. It will take care of anything minor that you might not really see and give you a little better shine.

I would do the following, assuming no paint correction needed.

Wash

Clay

Paint Sealant

Top with wax

Follow up with H2O G&G after periodic washes.

Wash tires and wheels. Dress tires as you like (shiny or matte)

Keep interior vacuumed, cleaned as well as glass.

You will need to reseal when water stops beading (4-6 months)

Edited by jeffo65

I usually at least polish my new cars, besides adding gloss it can really clean the paint very well. If the car has been in the lot for awhile it will have embedded dirt that the polish removes, do a test spot and see if it matters. My steps would be, wash,decon,clay,polish then Liquid Paint Sealant.

There is a slight bit of orange peal on it as just about every factory car.  Will paint correction take care of that?  It is a silver car and I think I will be limited on how shiny I can get it.  I don't mind going through all the steps of polishing if it will make a difference, but I am wondering if the amount of effort will be noticeable on a silver car.