Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mystery Box With A Twist!

Matt, I def enjoy them especially as of late, they have had a great mix of products. I certainly like that the advice was taken and that product towels or applicators were put in so that you could use a product right out of the MB. 

If I was to make any change I think either limiting the number to less but adding an option of a higher value set. For example keep the $30 boxes but put a smaller limit than 10 on them. At the same time offer up some higher priced ones that might offer some limited run or limited quantity stocks to them, or a higher offering for those willing to put up the larger chunk of change. 

There are so many things you COULD do, but there is also that theory of not messing with a good thing. 

Offer a certain amount of each....

1- $1k box with $2k in product guarantee

2- $600 box with $1k in product guarantee

10- $400 box with $650 in product guarantee

20- $250 box with $450 in product guarantee

50- $100 box with $175 in product guarantee

100- $50 box with $75 in product guarantee

500- standard boxes

2 of the standard boxes has a $250 gift card in addition to the product.

All are first come, first served.

Edited by wrtowman

If I was to make any change I think either limiting the number to less but adding an option of a higher value set. For example keep the $30 boxes but put a smaller limit than 10 on them. At the same time offer up some higher priced ones that might offer some limited run or limited quantity stocks to them, or a higher offering for those willing to put up the larger chunk of change. 

I see we are of the same opinion. Unfortunately for me, you type faster. 

Edited by wrtowman

You could really light the gamblers up by giving more jackpots and also equalizing that with a few WHAMMY boxes where you aren't guaranteed a certain dollar amount.

That would surely be a fun Mystery Box round lol

golf balls and Frisbees for you :) WHAMMY Edited by tjk

It would be nice to know what you are getting. If they had Mystery boxes for Car Washing, Wheels / Tires, Polishing, Wax / Sealants, Cleaning and Conditioning, and then maybe one or two for other that would make it easier to order. I don't want to get more buttery wax if I already have some and that is the reason i usually don't order any of these. If I knew I could get something from Wheels / Tires I would think about ordering one of those if I was low or didn't have any. 

I'm in it for the fun of not knowing what ill get. Ill take it all, I don't care if i already have it or not! :D

Yeah same lol. I feel we can't change up the mystery box too much without really giving it away. I'll take repeats of things, and use them as trading tokens, makes no difference. What is a bummer to me though, is how we can have a bunch of people with the exact same package. I know pre-packing them saves time.... but just a tad more variety would be sweet.

Other than that, you guys really kill it with the mystery boxes. 

It would be nice to know what you are getting. If they had Mystery boxes for Car Washing, Wheels / Tires, Polishing, Wax / Sealants, Cleaning and Conditioning, and then maybe one or two for other that would make it easier to order. I don't want to get more buttery wax if I already have some and that is the reason i usually don't order any of these. If I knew I could get something from Wheels / Tires I would think about ordering one of those if I was low or didn't have any.

If you want to know what you are getting or need a certain product, it's always best to just order that product. You can order it along with a mystery box and then you get what you need and some mystery products as well.

If you want to know what you are getting or need a certain product, it's always best to just order that product. You can order it along with a mystery box and then you get what you need and some mystery products as well.

I have enough Wax / Sealant for about the next 18 years. So the way my luck runs I would get wax/sealant in the mystery box. I would rather order a mystery box from a certain area knowing that I don't have a lot or for a new person they could get mystery boxes from each area and have a good start to their detailing collection. 

How about this...  offer mystery boxes with a choice.  Maybe one for car washing products only, another for wheel and tire products only, one for waxes, sealants and polishes only, one for interior products only, one for microfiber towels only, one for applicators and pads (the customer would need to leave a note on 4 or 6 inch pads are desired), and still offer a completely random option.  

Throw a foam gun in mine... haha.... pull the last 20 paid orders and throw them in 20 mystery boxes? order #20 was a polisher kit, #19 air fresheners and tire rubber cleaner #coffee mug, VRT, gallon of soap... etc etc...  :D 

1 per customer makes no sense.

why as a company would you want to limit the potential sale of 10 MBs and have $300 coming in vs 1 box and only $30 and sure some ppl that order 10 boxes have hit the motherload but they risked $300 to get that jack pot and you want people to get polishers and all the goodies off a $30 MB its not practical.

From the customer side of it,  if I can only buy one MB a and have to pay 7$ shipping it hardly makes the gain in value worth the risk. as many of us buy as many MBs / products during the MB sale to qualify for free shipping. I know for me if I had to pay $30 for one MB and $7 for shipping I would be out. rather than ordering 3 or 4 of them to get free shipping and have a chance to get a bigger haul.

the suggestion that wrtowman laid out was a great idea for a one time run ( with a 10 MB cap ) but personally I really like the way it is set up currently

If there were Whammies I would be out (no better way to ruin a good thing)

I am a new customer to Adam's Polishes. I am coming from Chem**** G*** to Adam's. Here is my take on this situation. I am going to order products that I really want i.e. Patriot Wax, Brilliant Glaze, and the Clay Bar Kit. I want to receive truly random samples of other products. I don't like the idea of choosing what type of product I will receive. It does take the "Mystery" out of the mystery boxes.

If you have a selection for people to choose and also include an "Everything" type of mystery box, think about that shipping department! Now instead of the shipping department (who are already slammed due to the high quantity of MB's) simply filling boxes based on order quantity is out of the question. They have to change everything and ONLY include specific products for Exterior, Interior, and Tires/Wheels. I don't think this option is fair to anyone. Why fix something that isn't broken?! If you are tired of getting the same products in the MB, then buy less and order more product directly.

Sorry for the rambling on and on. I am a new customer to Adam's and maybe I am out of place to try to suggest anything. This is just my .02 and advise anyone to take it with a grain of salt. I know that the complaints about slow shipments would be even higher if the shipping department had to start packaging based on category. Adam's Polishes overwhelms that poor department during MB sales anyway. Excited to hear other options still...   

-Tyler Evilsizor

I am a new customer to Adam's Polishes. I am coming from Chem**** G*** to Adam's. Here is my take on this situation. I am going to order products that I really want i.e. Patriot Wax, Brilliant Glaze, and the Clay Bar Kit. I want to receive truly random samples of other products. I don't like the idea of choosing what type of product I will receive. It does take the "Mystery" out of the mystery boxes.

If you have a selection for people to choose and also include an "Everything" type of mystery box, think about that shipping department! Now instead of the shipping department (who are already slammed due to the high quantity of MB's) simply filling boxes based on order quantity is out of the question. They have to change everything and ONLY include specific products for Exterior, Interior, and Tires/Wheels. I don't think this option is fair to anyone. Why fix something that isn't broken?! If you are tired of getting the same products in the MB, then buy less and order more product directly.

Sorry for the rambling on and on. I am a new customer to Adam's and maybe I am out of place to try to suggest anything. This is just my .02 and advise anyone to take it with a grain of salt. I know that the complaints about slow shipments would be even higher if the shipping department had to start packaging based on category. Adam's Polishes overwhelms that poor department during MB sales anyway. Excited to hear other options still...   

-Tyler Evilsizor

welcome to Adams glad you came over from the dark side I agree don't fix what's not broken my .02