Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mystery Box With A Twist!

The only issue I see with the big money boxes most everyone has a sizable amount of product and probably doesn't need triples of items. Someone new isn't going to drop a grand on a mystery box of products he or she might not even need/want. I also think at that level your going to have to put a machine in the MB, and how many people spending a grand on a MB don't have a PC AND Rupes?

How about a few "wild card " boxes that include a gift certificate in addition to the regular contents.

For MBs in general making the contents more random would be good.Example:people that buy 2 get the same thing ,people that buy 3 get the same etc. etc.I know others have mentioned this already just my .02c

Don't limit the number of MB's because like someone said earlier however many I order doesn't affect the next person or the one before me that's just my opinion. Plus I don't think many of us would be interested if we had the option of only buying one box. 

I do however think that something suggested in the Ultimate Mystery Box thread was an awesome idea. There was a suggestion about being able to exclude one item from your MB so that way you don't get a repeat of something you already have 5 or 10 of.  I would just add something extra to it in saying if you buy 1-5 MB's you are able to exclude 1 item, if you buy 6-10 you are able to exclude 2 items. Just my 02. cents. 

Don't limit the number of MB's because like someone said earlier however many I order doesn't affect the next person or the one before me that's just my opinion. Plus I don't think many of us would be interested if we had the option of only buying one box. 

I do however think that something suggested in the Ultimate Mystery Box thread was an awesome idea. There was a suggestion about being able to exclude one item from your MB so that way you don't get a repeat of something you already have 5 or 10 of.  I would just add something extra to it in saying if you buy 1-5 MB's you are able to exclude 1 item, if you buy 6-10 you are able to exclude 2 items. Just my 02. cents. 

10 mystery boxes is way too many. At that amount you are basically getting the entire Adam's line and then some, what is the mystery in that?

The reason MBs are run so often is because they are successful!

The challenge is how to keep people interested.

• Leverage social media and allow people to build MBs. Add a button on the shopping cart to "Submit For Mystery Box!" For their participation, they are entered in a drawing for gift cards, product, and grand prize is a visit and on-site detail by Adam himself! Preferably before winter.
  • Two versions, $40 "Mystery Box" which has a guaranteed value of $75, and a $10 "Wild Card" box which could have ANYTHING. Whammy boxes contain sample bottles, air fresheners, mugs, and are limited to ONE BOX​ per customer. So for $50 you get a regular mystery box, and a wild card box.

Just a couple ideas I have.

golf balls and Frisbees for you :) WHAMMY

You could really light the gamblers up by giving more jackpots and also equalizing that with a few WHAMMY boxes where you aren't guaranteed a certain dollar amount.

That would surely be a fun Mystery Box round lol

WHAMMY!!!! I'm thinking of Anchor Man and Champs coined word.... 'WHAMMY!!!!'

Are either of you thinking the same??? LOL

The reason MBs are run so often is because they are successful!

The challenge is how to keep people interested.

• Leverage social media and allow people to build MBs. Add a button on the shopping cart to "Submit For Mystery Box!" For their participation, they are entered in a drawing for gift cards, product, and grand prize is a visit and on-site detail by Adam himself! Preferably before winter.
  • Two versions, $40 "Mystery Box" which has a guaranteed value of $75, and a $10 "Wild Card" box which could have ANYTHING. Whammy boxes contain sample bottles, air fresheners, mugs, and are limited to ONE BOX​ per customer. So for $50 you get a regular mystery box, and a wild card box.
Just a couple ideas I have.

Great ideas!

10 mystery boxes is way too many. At that amount you are basically getting the entire Adam's line and then some, what is the mystery in that?

Then don't buy 10. How does someone purchasing 10 impact you in any way assuming you want only one?

Let's not forget the 'discount' that goes along with Mystery Boxes. This is one of several reasons I always buy 1 or 2 per round.

Edited by gabhart

I'm not a fan of the WHAMMY approach. I think Adams' image would be better served if Adams continues to do what it does now in that all MB customers feel they were, at a minimum, treated fairly. Admittedly if someone is forewarned there may be a whammy it is fair game, but try telling that to the poor soul that just spent hard earned money and gets the whammy!

Adams is a class company. They will continue to prosper without a whammy in their product line. 

Then don't buy 10. How does someone purchasing 10 impact you in any way assuming you want only one?

Let's not forget the 'discount' that goes along with Mystery Boxes. This is one of several reasons I always buy 1 or 2 per round.

Well, if everyone was limited to 1 mystery box, we would all be entering the MB sale equally and it would be a true mystery to who is a big winner or not, and a mystery on what you would receive.  If someone is allowed to buy 10 and others buy just 1 then obviously the guy with 10 is getting the mother lode. If it was limited to box anyone could get the mother lode MB! It is a win win for everyone except for those who want to buy themself a huge prize.

And if you only buy a MB cause it's a really good discount, then maybe they should call it, The Huge Discount Sale Where Adam's Picks Your Item's, cause at that point it is not a mystery, especially when there are pre packaged MB's. 

I'm not a fan of the WHAMMY approach. I think Adams' image would be better served if Adams continues to do what it does now in that all MB customers feel they were, at a minimum, treated fairly. Admittedly if someone is forewarned there may be a whammy it is fair game, but try telling that to the poor soul that just spent hard earned money and gets the whammy!

Adams is a class company. They will continue to prosper without a whammy in their product line.

Considering most people here blow tons of money on mystery boxes when they are run every two weeks or so I would imagine that the idea above with the $10 wild card box having the potential for a whammy (as in just $10 worth nothing more - but does have potential to be say up to $50 "jackpot wild card") is a good idea.

I'm not advocating empty boxes just throwing a bit more chance into this thing is all

And yes I am thinking PRESS YOUR LUCK from Game Show network lol

Well, if everyone was limited to 1 mystery box, we would all be entering the MB sale equally and it would be a true mystery to who is a big winner or not, and a mystery on what you would receive.  If someone is allowed to buy 10 and others buy just 1 then obviously the guy with 10 is getting the mother lode. If it was limited to box anyone could get the mother lode MB! It is a win win for everyone except for those who want to buy themself a huge prize.

There is error in your theory,

the last MB sale guaranteed a 50% return on your investment ie spend 30$ get 45$ minimum worth of products. With a couple "jack pot" boxes.

So with that guarantee of 50% return, if one bought 10 MBs spending 300$ would get 450$ minimum worth of products.

In turn it not necessarily they are getting a better deal just Adam's has a lot more room to play in a 450$ price range than a 45$ one