Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I the only one getting "myself" filthy when washing wheels?

Coderedpl

Question

13 answers to this question

Wheels get me too. I've learned when using the red wheel brush to pay close attention to my brush direction. I still inevitably get spritzed but I try to drag the bristles away from me and not toward me. Glad I'm not the only one with wheel cleaner dots!

Me too.  I usually clean the cars after the gym on a weekend morning, and have ragged shorts I put on over my workout shorts to collect the black spots from the wheels.  I have a few more pairs relegated to 'detail duty' when I am mobile. 

I don't usually get dirty.  I am careful because I don't want to get stains on my Adam's Polishes t-shirts, which is the required washing apparel.

I also don't usually use the Deep Clean tire brush, with its stiff bristles that fling crud, for regular maintenance cleanings.  If there is no mud on the tire, then I use a dedicated Fender Brush on the tires, which is adequate to get the dust off.

Yup I end up a speckled mess after using the wheel brush that red bristles just flip the brake dust everywhere. the tire brush is not as bad but a combo of the entire wash I'm definitely a mess. gotta take a shower in the Adam's hand cleaner when I'm all finished :willy:

I take back my prior comment. Detailed my fiancee's step dad's car today.... pretty sure he's never cleaned the tires or wheels in the last 70,000 miles he's driven it. I was a speckled mess when I was done with my 5 layers of Tire and Rubber Cleaner and 2 rounds of Wheel Cleaner.

I don't usually get dirty.  I am careful because I don't want to get stains on my Adam's Polishes t-shirts, which is the required washing apparel.

I also don't usually use the Deep Clean tire brush, with its stiff bristles that fling crud, for regular maintenance cleanings.  If there is no mud on the tire, then I use a dedicated Fender Brush on the tires, which is adequate to get the dust off.

You just tend to soap yourself up like you're in the shower.   :lolsmack:  And give yourself a bath while washing your truck.

post-706-0-60925900-1472441375_thumb.png

Edited by LFairbanks