Customer Service 866.965.0400

Let Rinseless sit overnight?

sahls01gmc

Question

8 answers to this question

I would think it would just dry back up overnight. I use rinseless and let it soak for 3-5 mins prior to wipe down and it gets the majority off very easily. If they are super bad I will use all purpose and rinseless combo and of course reapply my lsp

I definitely would not recommend letting Rinseless or diluted Rinseless sit on any vehicle surfaces overnight, as that is not how the product is intended to be used.

I have never attempted this...but Rinseless Wash can slightly stain my fingers and towels while using it, so I wouldn't want to let it dry onto the vehicle surface. It could also streak and require more sprays to remove, and in the small chance that it did stain the surface, we would not be liable for that if the product is used in this way other than it is intended. As Daniel mentioned above, using it as a pre-soak for a few minutes to help loosen and soften up dead bug guts is fine, but do not let it sit overnight.

If you're talking about diluted solution you could spray some on and it can dry. There are no chemicals in the polymers that would etch in your paint. It will have streaks from drying though, so be sure to "reactivate" with more diluted cleaner and clean appropriately with a traditional wash or a rinseless wash media (mf towel).

All purpose cleaner I would not want drying on the paint however.

If you are loosening bugs and letting it dry you are defeating the purpose. If anything spray them down and keep them wet for 5-10 mins max and should come off easy. This is why I keep towels and rinseless solution mixed - you have the ability to clean the front end of the bugs in 10 mins and can complete the whole car at your convenience.

I have actually tried somewhat of a variation of the options mentioned above, a bit more time consuming but it worked better to remove the bugs so I consider it to be worth the extra time. I went around the whole car, starting in the worse areas and sprayed very liberally with rinseless. Then when I was done going around the whole car (took about 7 minutes) I went back around and re-soaked the whole car. This seemed to work very well as I had no issues removing the bug guts after with the towels soaked in solution. Maybe try that and see if it helps. 

I knew it would dry overnight, but wasn't sure if I was doing any good "reactivating" when I went to wash this morning.

I ended up doing a 10 minute soak with Rinseless and APC. Strip Wash would have been amazing for this process. Unfortunately, I got called out just as I got done washing, so the whole truck is naked right now. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to give it another once over and H2O G&G.

Thanks for everyone's input. This is just my work truck, a 2014 Ram 3500. Has 125,000 miles right now. Obviously it gets used a lot, so an efficient system to maximize results and minimize time is ideal. My other vehicles get pampered, but I still can't drive a dirty work truck either. Everytime I'm out of town, I always pack a small detail bag to give me something to do in the hotel at night.