Customer Service 866.965.0400

The scent of the TID

Elvin

Question

I am a bit disappointed to find out that the L&I Cleaner is fragrance free. I was looking forward to trying that.

The cleaner is fragrance free but follow it up with the conditioner and the smell of clean leather in your car is great. You don't need leather to use the conditioner, its great on plastic and vinyl as well.

Do some more searching on using conditioners on leather. Tons of info out there and tons and tons of recommendations on NOT using conditioners on leather surfaces, mostly new stuff, as they are coated/sealed. Most say conditioners and other products don't actually do anything at all due to this sealing.

Procucts just sit on top and provide a sticky surface for abrasives to adhere to. Don't shoot the messenger, just what I have uncovered being paranoid about the leather in my personal new car.

Adam's is the only thing that's been inside my new car. Not overpowering at all and zero distraction from the new car smell. I was hesitant to use anything at first, but finally used the detailer when I could no longer stand the half-*** appearance from the dealer. Completely transformed a brand new dash surface, if that was even possible? How do you improve upon brand new, lol?

Edited by galaxy

We had a prototype version over a year ago with a different smell to it, but it would unfortunately turn to a sort of rotten fruit smell from what I recall. Lots of testing needs to go into each product to make sure it's just right :)

And I would've just blamed it on something the kids left in the car.  :rolleyes:

The LE ID that just came for Christmas shows you're certainly willing to try, and succeed, with new ID scents. And while I like the current original version, if you do ever come out with another limited edition for it in, say, a citrusy or vanilla scent, I think that'd be a hit, too.

I like the regular one but I bought the Candy Cane TID for all my Vette friends for Christmas.  They were a big hit.  Now if they could just make a product that smells like chocolate chip cookies! DO IT!

Original TID is perfect. No changes needed or wanted!

For those asking for TID in Leather Conditioner smell, here's a tip: Mix Leather Conditioner with distilled water 60/40. You now have a Leather Conditioner spray solution. Grab a spare bottle and you're set!

One of the few Adams chemicals that I do not own is the wheel cleaner. Because of the scent.

Sorry but there aren't many scents out there that will mask the real scent of the Wheel Cleaner properly and still allow it to work properly :(