Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bug and tar

The best case scenario for bugs is to get them off asap. Use WW to presoak the bugs then wash as normal. Stubborn bugs will require more attention with a MF towel and LIGHT scrubbing OR use a clay bar. Keeping the front protected with layers of PS and Wax will help in easy bug removal.

The best case scenario for bugs is to get them off asap. Use WW to presoak the bugs then wash as normal. Stubborn bugs will require more attention with a MF towel and LIGHT scrubbing OR use a clay bar. Keeping the front protected with layers of PS and Wax will help in easy bug removal.

Should the WW be diluted with distilled water?  If so, what ratio would you recommend - 6:1? Also, what about using APC with 4:1? 

Should the WW be diluted with distilled water? If so, what ratio would you recommend - 6:1? Also, what about using APC with 4:1?

I don't dilute my WW at all. APC is ok as long as you reapply your sealant or wax, same with claying. But if you catch them early enough you shouldn't need to clay. Again best case is always to remove them asap, but life can definitely get in the way LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Customers have been asking for a Bug & Tar for a long time. It must be a difficult product to perfect because it obviously hasn't happened yet. I would have to imagine Adam would sell a ton of the stuff in the summer. Maybe some day.

I personally have tried many bug and tar products and none of them are any better than the method I use above. The ONLY exception is the controversial dryer sheets. They really do work. I have not don't any testing to see if or how bad they mar the paint. IMO, I don't think they do any more damage than any other towel/sponge that drags the bug carcass across the paint.

I have seen a video where a guy drapes the bug-covered bumper with WW soaked towels to soften the bugs then blasting them with his pressure washer.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever see that "magical bug remover" that we all want so bad, LOL!

Adam has stated repeatedly that he will not release a product that is not substantially better than what is already available on the market.

I suspect that holds true here - as well as for the "paint coating" clamor.

Maybe I just don't understand all of the "when are we gonna get THIS?" posts.....

I have seen a video where a guy drapes the bug-covered bumper with WW soaked towels to soften the bugs then blasting them with his pressure washer.

I use this towel soaking method, and even on love bugs, have never needed a pressure washer.  Leave the wet towels soaking for 5-10 minutes, and just wipe the bugs off.