Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time user. Porter Cable polishing

I finally decided to go to the next step in detailing my cars and bought the Porter Cable kit that Adams offers.

I got a lot of advice from people here on the forums and everyone was very helpful.

My 2016 Civic got the full treatment this weekend.

Strip wash

Clay bar

PCP with the Porter Cable

PFP with the Porter Cable

H2O GG

American paste wax

The car came out great. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Heres a coupld pics and a video.

post-9494-0-17689300-1478471618_thumb.jpg

post-9494-0-52796900-1478471632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wgeffon

Had one question for you, Wayne. Did you decide purposefully not to use the LPS? Just concerned that since it's a daily, or at least that's what I think you said in another thread, the HGG and Americana (despite the extra pop) won't last nearly as long and thus not offer the lasting protection you may be looking for.

But either way, the car looks great!

Had one question for you, Wayne. Did you decide purposefully not to use the LPS?

I knew the H20 wouldnt last as long but only realized that after my Adams order was shipped. I should have gotten the black pad for the LPS. I wanted to get it done this weekend so I went with what I had.

After the winter, when I do this again, I will go that route.

Nice, How was learning with the Porter Cable? I'm looking to get one next year possibly, I heard its great to learn on. Were you impressed with the results after applying both polishes?

I bought the Porter Cable because everything I heard was that its very easy to use and great for beginners.

There were some complaints about excess vibrations. Thats probably true but I have nothing to compare it against.

My paint was in good shape to start but I did have some water spots that were not going to come out by hand. They are gone now.

I think the car looks amazing. Very deep shine with a really nice mirror finish.

I am glad I bought it.

Nice, How was learning with the Porter Cable? I'm looking to get one next year possibly, I heard its great to learn on. Were you impressed with the results after applying both polishes?

I certainly was impressed, Mike. Used it for PCP and LPS, and the truck came out GREAT! I also understand the vibration discussions, but like Wayne don't really have anything to compare it to, either. I should say I demoed the Cyclo once for a couple minutes, and it was smooth, but the PC is more cost effective and will likely yield the results you want for a beginner's tool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually started using mine for the first time a month or so ago. I recently purchased an '08 Corvette with tons of micro-swirls and light scratches in the clear coat (Paint was otherwise in great shape). Using the PCP with Adam's Heavy Correcting compound and blue pad, followed by Adam's correcting polish and the orange pad, and Adam's finishing polish and white pad produced a near immaculate clear coat. I took my time, taping off all seams and things I didn't want to polish. I garaged the car for a couple weeks and polished one or two panels at a time.

I took my time as I wanted to learn what I was doing and make sure I didn't damage anything. It's actually really easy to use and quite difficult to damage the paint. Just follow the tips and tricks that others here as well as in tutorial videos like the ones Adam's posts to YouTube have said. Take your time and enjoy the shiny result!

• 8 months later...

I bought a Porter Cable polisher about 10 months ago but never used.  Finally decided to correct and polish the wife's car this past weekend.  I'm glad I took it out the box before I strip washed her car because the darn thing didn't' work.  Never used it before.  It comes on about every 20 or so pushes of the switch but if you turn it off it stays off for a while.  Brought it in to be fixed.  Hopefully its just the switch.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:48 AM, ragin_cajuns said:

I bought a Porter Cable polisher about 10 months ago but never used.  Finally decided to correct and polish the wife's car this past weekend.  I'm glad I took it out the box before I strip washed her car because the darn thing didn't' work.  Never used it before.  It comes on about every 20 or so pushes of the switch but if you turn it off it stays off for a while.  Brought it in to be fixed.  Hopefully its just the switch.

If it’s not the switch I know where you can get a nice swirl killer, it beats using a porter cable with less wear and rare on your arms and helps fight fight fatigue while using said machine.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:25 AM, ocdrifter said:

If it’s not the switch I know where you can get a nice swirl killer, it beats using a porter cable with less wear and rare on your arms and helps fight fight fatigue while using said machine.

where? how much?  i ended up just being the switch and the repair was free but i do have 3 cars to polish so something more comfortable might be nice.

4 hours ago, ragin_cajuns said:

where? how much?  i ended up just being the switch and the repair was free but i do have 3 cars to polish so something more comfortable might be nice.

Here you go, you may want to wait for the 21mm model to come out . ?

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/polishing/adam-s-swirl-killer-15mm-lt-polisher.html

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

nice man , great job, pictures never do it justice.  i want to do the same , wish i could find the time,  

Oh shoot, instead of hanging here on these boards go outside and start shinning that whip up