Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carnuba in Americana Wax

Geebee

Question

Anybody know the ratio of Carnuba wax to Beeswax and additives in Americana Wax? I use Americana Wax exclusively on my cars and love the results. A detailing buddy of mine has been using P21S 100% carnuba on his black Porsche 911 for the past year. His Porsche looks like a black mirror! Perfect! He's been paying $58.99 for a 6oz. jar.  Hmmmm.....for $10.00 more I can get 100% carnuba. Convince me to keep using Americana Wax.... :wacko:

13 answers to this question

The mirror effect comes from more than the wax that's used. It has everything to do with the layers and the condition of the clear coat to begin with. You don't mention what other products he uses or what you use in your process. When I want the best shine, I go with the Patriot on top of sealant and glaze. Most vehicles get the Americana.

Here's a vehicle I just did the other day with Americana and my old truck done with Patriot for your comparison.

post-11222-0-42524500-1480381769_thumb.jpg

post-11222-0-68926300-1480381787_thumb.jpg

Anybody know the ratio of Carnuba wax to Beeswax and additives in Americana Wax? I use Americana Wax exclusively on my cars and love the results. A detailing buddy of mine has been using P21S 100% carnuba on his black Porsche 911 for the past year. His Porsche looks like a black mirror! Perfect! He's been paying $58.99 for a 6oz. jar. Hmmmm.....for $10.00 more I can get 100% carnuba. Convince me to keep using Americana Wax.... :wacko:

It's hard to compare black vs anything else especially Porsche paint. Black will blow anything else out of the water for looks when maintained correctly. I would doubt it is 100% either there is something besides pure carnuba or it wouldn't apply worth a damn if u ask, however I don't design detailing chemicals I just use them. I'll post a couple shots of Adam's wax over paint sealant on our red Lexus. The church is approx 35-45 ft across the road and the engine is about 15ft away.

post-13607-0-42687900-1480387578_thumb.jpg

post-13607-0-12277500-1480387607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dwhite0960

It's hard to compare black vs anything else especially Porsche paint. Black will blow anything else out of the water for looks when maintained correctly. I would doubt it is 100% either there is something besides pure carnuba or it wouldn't apply worth a damn if u ask, however I don't design detailing chemicals I just use them

I was just wondering more than anything the ratio of carnuba to additives in Americana Wax. I love the wax and it does a fantastic job. I'm not going to switch just yet. 

I don't forsee wax getting all that much better for the money Americana costs us it's a great product. I was a huge lover of patriot wax but this new Americana is pretty awesome as well and I will say dang near patriot level. I'm not sure if they will tell use the ratios due to other manufactures being privy to there formulas.

One thing I have learned is with any color color the mirror effect is really from the buff and polish stages. After that we just protect and enhance our hard earned work

Nothing is 100% carnauba. As previously mentioned, it would be hard as a rock and not spreadable. I've used the aforementioned product and compared to the original formula of Americana, I will tell you that P21S is a little slicker than Americana but that would indicate to me that there are more polymers than carnauba. Shine is sbout equal given proper and adequate prep. I have not compared P21S to the current Americana.

I will echo what others have already stated. The secret to a fantastic shine is having the "clearest of clear coats". If your clear is not "clear", you will not see the true color and/or reflection of the base color. Many of my customers remark how sparkly their car is when they pick it up. I explain to them how polishing the car and removing all the scratches makes the clear coat actually clearer and you see more of the true color of the paint.

For those of you who have polished single stage paint, you know what a mirror effect is like. I always joke that "nothin' shines like good 'ol single stage"

Excerpted from a great tutorial on wax vs sealant...  

"WAX begins its life as part of a particular type of palm tree. Carnauba wax comes in a variety of grades and purities. Its blended with oils, other wax types (like bees wax), and in some cases even some polymers to create car wax. Carnauba in and of itself is a hard crumbly substance - so don't believe the hype of any product claiming to be "100% Carnauba" it would be virtually impossible to apply to your car if it were. Without blending carnauba is not car wax."

Edited by Norton

Excerpted from a great tutorial on wax vs sealant...  

don't believe the hype of any product claiming to be "100% Carnauba" it would be virtually impossible to apply to your car if it were. Without blending carnauba is not car wax."

I knew that....LOL  The point of my initial thread was I was wondering what grade of carnuba and the ratio that is used in Adam's Americana Wax (Brazilian #1 grade yellow, T1, T2, lignite wax....etc) to beeswax, polymers, solvents and oils. Again, I love Adam's Americana Wax! But from the consumers point of view is the pricing to the other brands on the market. With Adam's I would assume your paying for quality of the ingredients used to produce the product. Along with that point, Adam's has the BEST customer service along with a great PR output (instructional and sales videos). That's why I'll stick with Adam's for the vast majority of my detailing needs. 

In your original post you said he paid 58.99 for 6 oz, that is more per oz than Americana. I could be wrong memory definitely not my strong point in life but Adam's is a 8oz pour for 50. I would think the best bang for your buck is right here at home. I use others products adams did not offer but they are starting to limit that with the awesome releases this year.

For those of you who have polished single stage paint, you know what a mirror effect is like. I always joke that "nothin' shines like good 'ol single stage"

Did someone say single stage paint?  This a front fender from a 1926 Roll Royce, repainted about 40 years ago.  Polished with CP, FP, then 'cleaned' with Revive.  Added BG for more pop, then topped with Americana,

post-1109-0-20753500-1477353645_thumb.jp