Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towels

ocdrifter

Question

Has anyone tried or used the Adams Waffle weave Microfiber drying towels?

I'm updating some drying towels that are just getting to worn out for me to keep using. I've bought several mystery boxes hoping to land one, but they have been elusive.

I would like to know how many drying towels does it take per car and what size of car are you drying?

Thank You

10 answers to this question

I used to dry my old Ford Raptor with two towels (sometimes one). They work better when they're damp. And I'd just let it get full and then ring it out. Then repeat until I was done.

Now I don't towel dry. Instead I blow dry with a MBR. Worth the investment if you're in the market.

Not sure if you are referring to the Great White Drying Towel or the waterless wash waffle weave towels.

I've only used the GWDT and have found that to fully dry my Scion Tc it takes 1 towel. I do use detail spray as a drying aid and that helps me limit it to 1 towel, otherwise I feel like I would probably use about 1.5. Hope this helps.  As I am sure others will say, if you pool rinse it will take less, etc.

I've only used the GWDT and have found that to fully dry my Scion Tc it takes 1 towel. I do use detail spray as a drying aid and that helps me limit it to 1 towel, otherwise I feel like I would probably use about 1.5. Hope this helps.  As I am sure others will say, if you pool rinse it will take less, etc.

:iagree:

Pool/sheet rinsing will DEFINITELY add to the drying "power" of your towels. By doing so, I can pretty much dry two vehicles (Optima, Xterra) with one GWDT, allowing it dry some between washes, and it still soaks up the water. Must admit, it would be handy to have two, but I've done well with just the one. Bottom line...buy it!

They are great towels for Waterless and Rinseless Washes.  They are all I use to dry after a Rinseless Wash, and I also use them with IPA wipedowns and for removing clay residue.

:iagree:

The blue waterless wash towels are perfect for all these uses...

I use an old one I bought years ago, its seen better days. It has threads pulled up causing bunching, but it still works pretty well for drying. I do need to constantly ring it out when using it though. And it does not get all the water off first pass. I usually will make a quick pass and get the majority of the water off, then make a second pass and get all the residual moisture off. Towel is old, so it may not be as effective as it once was.

On a side note, I have just purchased 4 MF plush towels and starting to use those as my drying towels(on a recommendation from someone that details more than me), and so far so good. Its only been one use, and the towels are still new. So a few more washes before I decide if its the technique I want to start using. 

Love the GWDT. But I'm very particular about my towels and never use them in really dirty areas. I have specific towels (Target brand) just for door jambs and hatch areas & stuff. That way my good adams towels don't get too contaminated with dirt. I also try and avoid washing my polishing towels with washing/drying towels. As you can infer, I'm quite concerned about cross contamination. I also use the sidekick blaster, but that's not a great tool for blowing and entire vehicle dry.

I'm not new to detailing, but I am new to waffle weave towels. Needed to do a tech refresh on my towels and got a few great whites to try out. I too am now a believer. A rather impressive product. I'm still amazed how well they work as they are much thinner than some of your more traditional plush drying towels. I feel more of a need to use some type of drying aid product when wiping with a waffle, but that may be mostly a mental block since they're new. Sure that'll pass. If you don't have one ore aren't sure, get at least one and try it out. But let me save you the trouble now and at least buy the two pack.

I also used to use it for drying my Silverado (SCSB). Pool rinse, some Detail Spray and I could do my entire truck with one towel. Ok, technically two, as I use a separate towel for the door jambs and bed.

Now I use my Master Blaster Revolution and just touch up a bit with the GWDT.

Fantastic towel!