Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun !

MZ3_Rodriguez

Question

Hey guys ! So I just bought a foam gun, and I'm wondering what is your ratio of soap and water you use, and also the setting you have it on ? Also some pics would be amazing !! I will use it sometime this week, but some tips excluding from the YouTube video cause I've seen it easily x6 times haha, 

Thanks guys !! 

17 answers to this question

If you mean foam gun that works with the garden hose I use 4oz for the full canister and can suds my truck down three times. Once good let sit a bit and rinse. Foam again then two bucket and then a light foam with what is left to reactivate any suds that started to dry and final rinse. I use the tip that allows slower solution use of the two. I think it's the yellow-green one.

If you mean foam gun that works with the garden hose I use 4oz for the full canister and can suds my truck down three times. Once good let sit a bit and rinse. Foam again then two bucket and then a light foam with what is left to reactivate any suds that started to dry and final rinse. I use the tip that allows slower solution use of the two. I think it's the yellow-green one.

sweet thanks, yeah the foam gun to the garden hose yes. I just wanted some thoughts, would it work just as well with the wash and wax?

I just bought the foam gun and haven't used it yet.....but how do I change the flow tips?

I just bought the foam gun and haven't used it yet.....but how do I change the flow tips?

They tread in by the pick-up hose, where the hose attaches. It didn't look threaded on mine so I had the whole thing in pieces trying to figure out the flow nozzles. Edited by neontrucks

I would just put the purple one right away.  I have pretty good pressure, but thought there should be more suds coming out of the foam gun so I switched and got better performance with the purple one.  Soap is pretty cheap so I pour it in and let it rip.

While I know the alternative/cheaper foam guns available aren't as good, I will say it is nice to be able to adjust on the fly without having to keep track of tips. (I don't carefully measure soap I put in the canister, so it is good for us lazier people:-))

OK, here's an honest, legit (non trolling) question from an old-school single bucket driveway washer (so please don't flame me)---

Is the foam gun worth it?  Does it truly provide a benefit to taking care of your vehicles?   It seems that there are sharp divisions on this on forums, facebook, etc.--some saying it's a good idea, some saying it's a waste of soap.   I truly don't know. 

I understand the theory that it's loosening dirt, providing lubrication, water is a solvent, etc.  But honestly, it it any better than blasting away with the hose, then draping the wash mitt over the surface to provide some soap/lubrication?

Many of the videos i see on youtube (even including foam cannons) appear to provide little to no difference once the car is rinsed, regardless of the soap used.  

(and no, i'm not interested in the foam cannon)

Look, i get that the thing looks cool.   I've even heard that it "enhances the wash experience."    Of course, there are others that state "foam does not equal cleaning...."   

If this was a $10 gadget, i wouldn't hesitate, but even the cheapest foam guns are $40.  while not the end of the world, i'd rather buy $40 of stuff that actually works if the foam guns are really nothing more than gimmicks.

OK, here's an honest, legit (non trolling) question from an old-school single bucket driveway washer (so please don't flame me)---

Is the foam gun worth it? Does it truly provide a benefit to taking care of your vehicles? It seems that there are sharp divisions on this on forums, facebook, etc.--some saying it's a good idea, some saying it's a waste of soap. I truly don't know.

I understand the theory that it's loosening dirt, providing lubrication, water is a solvent, etc. But honestly, it it any better than blasting away with the hose, then draping the wash mitt over the surface to provide some soap/lubrication?

Many of the videos i see on youtube (even including foam cannons) appear to provide little to no difference once the car is rinsed, regardless of the soap used.

(and no, i'm not interested in the foam cannon)

Look, i get that the thing looks cool. I've even heard that it "enhances the wash experience." Of course, there are others that state "foam does not equal cleaning...."

If this was a $10 gadget, i wouldn't hesitate, but even the cheapest foam guns are $40. while not the end of the world, i'd rather buy $40 of stuff that actually works if the foam guns are really nothing more than gimmicks.

I have one, and it just seems to add a fun factor. Having one now, I don't think I would replace it if it were to break. But I would still consider myself a novice compared to some on here so I can't say for sure if there is any added benefit or protection.

I thought the same thing before I got a foam gun.

Since the water is very hard here in rural Texas water spotting can be a major problem. Keeping soap on the car as long as possible helps a LOT to keep the water spots to a minimum.

What I do is this:

1.  Rinse of the whole car with water from the hose.

2.  Spray the whole car (including wheels which were washed earlier) with soap from the foam gun.

3. Wash a portion of the car with the wash media and bucket suds - usually the roof, trunk and hood.

4. Suds down the whole car again with the foam gun to make sure there's soap everywhere still.

5.  Wash the sides of the car.

6.  Suds again.

7.  Wash the front, rear and rockers.

8. Rinse w/ water and pool rinse.

9. Pull into garage for drying.

No water drying on car means no water spots!

I use my foam gun every time I 2 bucket wash.

Although it uses more soap and takes a lil longer, I do believe it does provide a better wash. That being said, I would find it quite unnecessary for your "weekly" wash...unless you work construction. After a rainy/snowy/buggy road trip, my foam gun makes that deeper clean easier.

I was lucky enough to get mine in a mystery box, I'm not sure I would have sprung close to 3 digits for it. But I'm glad it's in my arsenal now.

And yes, my kids are glad to help if they get to use the foam gun. Ha!

I use a foam canon, but my reasoning is pretty much the same for the canon and the gun...safety. My personal, biased, not scientifically proven opinion is that the canon/gun make for less chance of  wash induced damage to the paint. Anyway, as a AARP card carrying, Social Security /Medicare pack'n Official Old Geezer I find it fun!  :D