Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana wax mold?

OmniCamaro

Question

13 answers to this question

I have tins of paste wax from adams and others I keep in a room around 70 year round and have no issues. The patriot resides in the vegetable crisper drawer in the fridge though, just convince the wife your not mental first

Hi there, can you please post a picture or email one to us explaining the issue to orders@adamspolishes.com? 

Mold sounds unusual. If there was moisture in the applicator and it was left inside the container that could be possible, but I've never heard of this happening before. We do recommend that you do not store the applicator in the container after the first use - we mainly keep the applicators in there for shipping purposes only.

Sorry, I thought I posted a pic.

Yes I had the applicator in with it but I've always done that. I'll keep them out from now on.

I just never thought it'd mold or whatever this is. After this I just wiped it out.

post-9367-0-80401200-1488471934_thumb.jpg

Edited by OmniCamaro

On the topic of Americana...I have used mine for three cars so far, now when I use it it spins in the jar. Not the end of the world just annoying. Does keeping in the fridge stop it from spinning?

On the topic of Americana...I have used mine for three cars so far, now when I use it it spins in the jar. Not the end of the world just annoying. Does keeping in the fridge stop it from spinning?

Ryan go out and detail that flex this weekend and a little time in the sun and it will go back to normal.

Mold will grow if the applicator is stored inside the wax pot after it's been opened and used. The mold spores need moisture, warm temperatures, and food, after use, you've provided the moisture and food and how/where you store the pot appears to be providing the warmth. Clean the applicator thoroughly after use and store it, dry, in a dry dust free place. keep the lid on the wax during storage and keep the pot in a cool dry location.

The applicator may be destroyed now, has the foam broke down and sluff off? If so, throw it away and get another. If not just wash it out. The wax is fine, I'd say use it as it is. not like the wax will start to grow on your vehicle if used. If you don't like that suggestion scrape out the mold spots with a knife. FYI, mold spores have very long "roots", removing the black won't mean you got it all out, just the "blooming" part. Keep the lid on the wax and store it in a cool, dry location and it shouldn't continue to grow. I keep my waxes in my garage refrigerator.

Ryan go out and detail that flex this weekend and a little time in the sun and it will go back to normal.

I did a quarterly strip and full reapplication detail last Saturday right before Sunday's rain... forgot to tell you all it was going to rain;  if I touch the American it rains!  I am going to detail the truck tomorrow... expect rain Sunday or Monday...

If you do the warm water bath trick that will get the Americana back to the edges of the container and it will stop spinning. Set the uncovered container of wax in about an inch or so hot water (do not let water get in the wax) and let it sit there for a while and the wax will melt a little to redistribute itself in the container.

Sorry, I thought I posted a pic.

Yes I had the applicator in with it but I've always done that. I'll keep them out from now on.

I just never thought it'd mold or whatever this is. After this I just wiped it out.

I would also think they maybe one time while you were waxing the car after a wash it might have came in contact with a little water and when you stored the applicator in with it that is what started the mold.