Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which towels to use on Waterless wash

2Fords

Question

So which towels does everyone find work better with Waterless wash. I  use the borderless blue/gray ones.   Now Im struggling with them seemingly not picking up the liquid as well. I'm having to wipe more. I'm really torn on using the waffle weaves because they just dont seem as soft. Just looking for some input from you guys!  Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Another thing to consider is the GWT is very similar to, if not the same as (someone else please clarify), the waterless wash towels. They are plenty soft, and won't scratch. Don't be afraid to take the plunge! Or is it just a jump since no water is involved?! Either way, get them. They work like a charm.

Here's a video from Adam:

Edited by falcaineer

Just got "waterless wash" towels a few days ago. They are exactly great whites, only smaller. I don't think there's anything special about not using them with no water. Grey edgeless are awesome with detailer; can't imagine they'd be any less a slouch with waterless wash depending on what you're trying to accomplish. Remember...no rules to this stuff. All about finding what works good for YOU.

Another thing to consider is the GWT is very similar to, if not the same as (someone else please clarify), the waterless wash towels. They are plenty soft, and won't scratch. Don't be afraid to take the plunge! Or is it just a jump since no water is involved?! Either way, get them. They work like a charm.

Won't scratch assuming you use the proper technique. One thing I struggled with when I tried Waterless was, how dirty is TOO dirty to use it. You really have to use the towel properly to avoid dragging dust or dirt across the paint. Hence why people recommend multiple towels to do one vehicle.

Won't scratch assuming you use the proper technique. One thing I struggled with when I tried Waterless was, how dirty is TOO dirty to use it. You really have to use the towel properly to avoid dragging dust or dirt across the paint. Hence why people recommend multiple towels to do one vehicle.

Good catch, Dustin. Meant the towels won't scratch. But if they're loaded with too much dirt, that could be a problem.

Edited by falcaineer

Here's a video from Adam: https://youtu.be/XGZfdJmveNo

They are both the same type of microfiber which is called waffle weave. And yes they are soft enough and safe or they wouldn't sell them. The only problem with he great white is that it is hard to hold together because you have so many (like 20) different sides of the towel when you fold it up.

I would use the great white or waterless wash towels first and then go over for a final buff with a polishing towel.

The waffle weave is used because it traps dirt really well.

They are both the same type of microfiber which is called waffle weave. And yes they are soft enough and safe or they wouldn't sell them. The only problem with he great white is that it is hard to hold together because you have so many (like 20) different sides of the towel when you fold it up.

I would use the great white or waterless wash towels first and then go over for a final buff with a polishing towel.

The waffle weave is used because it traps dirt really well.

Thanks, Nathan. I was actually wondering/asking it they are the same GSM, not necessarily the same waffle weave design. I should've been more specific.

Not so sure I'd use the GWT for a waterless wash for the same reason you said...could be cumbersome...but I never really considered it, either. The waterless wash towels are smaller and pretty easy to use, in my opinion.

Al, just curious, with the borderless blue/gray towels you're using, have you used them a lot before for something like wiping off Paint Sealant residue or for H2O Guard & Gloss application? I have a few borderless gray towels that are quite water resistant now from those two products :)