Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using SK and Polishing Product On Fiberglass Boat Trim

slalom38

Question

I've got a ski boat with black hull trim around the top of the boat hull.  It has 10 years of water staining.  I intend to use the SK with correcting polish and an orange pad.  Then I'll finish it off with white pad/finishing polish.  Is this ok for gel coat?

19 answers to this question

I did the boat yesterday and all purpose cleaner with some scrubbing helped. Then I did the wheel cleaner as an iron decontamination and it took a lot off in a few spots so I would definitely try this. I also finished everything and got the rest off with correcting polish, it did take about 1 1/2 hours though so buying a product just for removing water lines might not be a bad idea but for the time being correcting polish did the job, it just took a while.

​Looks GREAT Nathan!  :2thumbs: 

​Only a couple tips I could offer for the "next time" you may have to do this............. try the Heavy Compound first to cut and remove the waterline crud a little easier, then as a last step product, possibly use Liquid Paint Sealant, as it would protect the surface and help keep it easier to remove in the future.

​Looks GREAT Nathan! :2thumbs:

​Only a couple tips I could offer for the "next time" you may have to do this............. try the Heavy Compound first to cut and remove the waterline crud a little easier, then as a last step product, possibly use Liquid Paint Sealant, as it would protect the surface and help keep it easier to remove in the future.

Yeah I remembered that compounding existed after I had polished for 1 1/2 hours lol. But yeah for sure next time.

The owner wanted a wax because he was selling it, so I did a nice coat of buttery wax. :thumbsup:

Nice work!!

Thanks! Got some from the inside if you want to see them. Edited by Nathan

Yeah I remembered that compounding existed after I had polished for 1 1/2 hours lol. But yeah for sure next time.

The owner wanted a wax because he was selling it, so I did a nice coat of buttery wax. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Got some from the inside if you want to see them.

Let's see the inside as well. That can be just as much work.

Those have got to be photo shopped and/or different boats. WOW! You definitely have a talent, Nathan. :2thumbs:

I do have one conern, though...with how slick the boat now is, how's the owner gonna stop?! :D

Nope no photoshop!

Well that's up to him!