Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fly poop

Klisby

Question

Just bought myself a nice red Mustang, treated with the Adams line. Really nice products! After the first two nights in the garage the car has a lot of fly poop on the paint. How do I get this off?

What I have done already!

1) let the car soak in the Adams car shampoo

2) wet a towel, and let it sit for 1 hour

3) used all purpose cleaner and elbow grease.

4) clay

With all of the attempts above the black spots are still there. Any easy solution?

Thanks

15 answers to this question

You can try the Clay Mitt and some detail spray.  And I recommend  you get a cover of some kind for your ride. I have two fleece sheets sewn together that I throw over the car in the garage to keep dust, etc. off the car.  

In reality, you should just have been able to get it off with detail spray.  You could try polishing it off if you have a machine.  

Now this is a thread I never thought I'd see. But I do hope you sort it out, Kasper.

I never imagined id have to google fly poop to see what it looks like lol, but how about a toothpick instead of a blade? I have never dealt with fly droppings, but it seems like a toothpick might be a little safer than a blade. 

I agree. In all my years on this earth, I've never once thought about a fly doing it's business. But it now begs the question... 

Is a bumble bee actually a constipated fly?!  :blink:

Now this is a thread I never thought I'd see. But I do hope you sort it out, Kasper.

I agree. In all my years on this earth, I've never once thought about a fly doing it's business. But it now begs the question... 

Is a bumble bee actually a constipated fly?!  :blink:

Haha it turns out the little yellow dots that need to be scratched out are bee droppings. I never would have known lol

Oh, and Kasper, on a more serious note since you used the APC, you've now removed any protection on that part of the car. I'd highly recommend you don't drive it until/unless you add some form of sealant, wax, etc. HGG, for example. Otherwise, you could have bigger problems should a larger winged creature do its business on your car. Or a tree with its sap. Or...

P.S. The thought of fly droppings now has me up at night. Sort of like being worried about quicksand as a kid. I really never thought about it. Until now. :willy:

Thank you all for the input. They are a pain in the a** to get off, and to be honest with you guys, I'm not sure if they actually came in my garage.

I will try to tooth stick, and re wax the car.

I'm happy that I could inlight you all, that flies is "doing business" once in a while ????

Don't wish for them, they are really a challenge!

All. Finally had some time with "the red devil" . Used some detail spray, let it sit for 10 sekunds and used a flat soft piece of wood and slided it gently over the paint. Fly poop jumped of pretty easily, and seems like the detail spray made a slippery surface so the clear coat was not damaged. Took me about and hour and removed 50+ poops ????????

Clay, multipurpose cleaner etc could not remove the poop, but the wooden stick did the trick.

Thank you all! Now I have a poop free vehicle but all out of detail spray...

Well living in dairy land and farmland we have so many flies. Fly poop is such an annoyance on top of the fly problem. Had to bug bomb my car today to get rid of all the flies. I have traps all over my house and have hundreds of flies on them. It’s not weird to me to have so many flies. In a city they don’t multiply like the do on farmland.