Customer Service 866.965.0400

New but already sold out products or coming soon?

FP350S

Question

Not on website in a week until this morning and I saw these...all show sold out. Where they super limited, super hot or just coming soon?

Might have gotten a hoodie for working in the shop and always looking to add a sticker or two to detail cart.

The shoe cleaner looks to be a another diversion from core auto detailing products or maybe reformulated and repackaged foaming leather cleaner. R

post-16107-0-03181400-1504970685.jpeg

post-16107-0-02168000-1504970695.jpeg

post-16107-0-48412100-1504970704.jpeg

Those items were a special promo that were released yesterday at 6pm. If they show sold Out, then they are gone.

These were promoted on Instagram.

I don't do Instagram...C'est la vie. :secret: 

Those items were a special promo that were released yesterday at 6pm. If they show sold Out, then they are gone.

These were promoted on Instagram.

I believed your insight and gave up on the hoodie...now the website shows all products available except that hoodie which is no longer pictured. I wonder if I did actually miss out on it again....errr.

I believed your insight and gave up on the hoodie...now the website shows all products available except that hoodie which is no longer pictured. I wonder if I did actually miss out on it again....errr.

Those products that showed stock again today were probably ones that did not sell from the Team Untamed website.

These products were released for sale on both websites at 6pm MST on Friday, and when I saw this thread on Friday, I checked the Team Untamed website to see if there were still hoodies available, and they were also sold out.  The rest of the new items did show stock on that website, so my guess is that they did not sell out, and so that stock was added to the Adam's website today.

Untamed is kinda similar then to the "Anti Social, Social Club"? Kind of clever, I can see why it draws an interest with the correlation to these two spoof names. Wouldnt mind buying some of the stuff myself for fun, and I'm a Baby Boomer generation! Keeps ya young and fun!

Was anyone else as disappointed as me with how limited the sweatshirts were....literally they were sold out on both websites within one minute.. If your going to advertise a limited release of a highly anticipated product on your social media page to over 100k people might be a good idea to have more than 1 of each size... if its that limited don't blast it all over social media for a week.. was going to purchase a bunch of new stuff but held off once realized the sweatshirts were gone.. i know a lot of people feel the same way. Adams dropped the ball on this one  :angry:

With cases like Adams collaboration with ASSC and now untamed, I have learned to kind of just turn my head the other way. As a business student, I can't say that I see the profit potential of marketing car supplies towards a customer base that's essentially completely unrelated. If they look at what products sold, basically the only thing that sold out on the untamed website was the hoodies, not the shoe cleaner, not the air fresheners, but the apparel. Why? That's their main focus point, not car detailing supplies. I see the benefit of collarborations, but the more Adams grows the more I see seemingly haphazard collaborations popping up. In my personal opinion, I have seen so much effort on Adams part exerted towards finding people with thousands of followers to collaborate with in an attempt to grow their customer base, yet when Adams already loyal customers continue to have concerns over shipping times, missing products, and defects, they have seemingly placed maintaining their customer base below attempting to bring new people in. I understand Adams is a "small" company, but the people they chose to collaborate with and not to mention the fact that their prices are starting to climb, a sticker used to cost $1.99 now it's $2.99, I feel that maybe instead of finding people to collaborate with Adams should be more focused on finding new employees to help keep up with growing demand. I've looked up to Adam Pitale as my inspiration to the kind of business owner I wished to be once I graduate, and I used to be able to evidently see his mark on the company, however now I can't say that I do anymore. Adams products are still the best and I will continue to use them, but I can't help but say that time after time again I have had issues with my orders, missing products, and/or damaged products. I just hope Adams doesn't forget the customers they do have in an attempt to draw new ones in.

^^Adams isn't as small as they like us to think they Are. But I agree with what you're saying. This new direction truly is disappointing and I find myself buying more and more products from other suppliers to avoid these ridiculous and unrelated product misdirections.

Edited by Mariner

^^Adams isn't as small as they like us to think they Are. But I agree with what you're saying. This new direction truly is disappointing and I find myself buying more and more products from other suppliers to avoid these ridiculous and unrelated product misdirections.

Exactly, every forum you look into, or even most google searches will somehow lead back to adams products. Even most detailing youtube videos will have a comparison to adams or the comments will suggest adams. Maybe as a business theyre not as big as a few other companies that sell through big box stores, but as a detailing company, they have to be one of the biggest ones out there regardless of what they say. 

As successful as this was I'm sure they will release more stuff. For a moment I thought it was a collaboration with supreme (another clothing brand) font looks very similar. As far as the shoe cleaner I hope someone does a review. I have a collection of  retro Jordan sneakers ranging from white leather to full suede. I only use Jason Markk shoe cleaner but I might have to try my foaming leather and interior cleaner on a pair see how it works. :D

As successful as this was I'm sure they will release more stuff. For a moment I thought it was a collaboration with supreme (another clothing brand) font looks very similar. As far as the shoe cleaner I hope someone does a review. I have a collection of  retro Jordan sneakers ranging from white leather to full suede. I only use Jason Markk shoe cleaner but I might have to try my foaming leather and interior cleaner on a pair see how it works. :D

Ping Matt @ Adams...he is HUGE sneaker head

Product collaborations are nothing new and are all quite the rage now with companies.  They are a way to test products and expand marketplace reach.  The goal would always be to have both collaborator benefit from it.  If Adams stocked the same amount of the "Untamed" hoodies as they do of there regular branded apparel they would be sitting on a lot of them.  The consumer for that "Untamed" hoody is very different than that of the regular Adams logo shirt.  I commend Adams for trying new things, trying to reach new consumers.  You can not stand idle and just do nothing.  They are committed to there core consumer and products.  I regularly see them update there products, they reformulate them, they make new and improved versions.   So the idea that they are ignoring there consumer base is a little unfounded.  If you look at Adams competition you see a lot of the same, so trying to create separation and buzz is harder and harder.  If you tailer to you the the older base you run the risk of alienating the younger base, and vice versa.  I think we are dealing a lot here with the vocal minority.  People get upset when they miss out on a product i get it.  We all want the latest and greatest.  But Adams was targeting the younger crowd with that collaboration, the internet gen, the instagram gen.  And from the looks of it they were successful . 

Adams is growing, and with that come growing pains.  That is a natural thing, they will get better, the products will get better.  And if it does not, as a consumer you exercise the right to choose.  Numbers don't lie, and at the end of the day, if the numbers show that the collaborations make sense in business terms they will continue with them, if they don't, you will see less.  

I am sure we will see more collaborations, some will be in the wheelhouse of "garage" or "automotive" i am sure.  I am sure we will see some that push out the limits, i am ok with that, if i don't like them, i don't have to buy them.

So keep pushing Adams, keep improving, make some mistakes, learn from them, and by all means just keep innovating. 

Product collaborations are nothing new and are all quite the rage now with companies. They are a way to test products and expand marketplace reach. The goal would always be to have both collaborator benefit from it. If Adams stocked the same amount of the "Untamed" hoodies as they do of there regular branded apparel they would be sitting on a lot of them. The consumer for that "Untamed" hoody is very different than that of the regular Adams logo shirt. I commend Adams for trying new things, trying to reach new consumers. You can not stand idle and just do nothing. They are committed to there core consumer and products. I regularly see them update there products, they reformulate them, they make new and improved versions. So the idea that they are ignoring there consumer base is a little unfounded. If you look at Adams competition you see a lot of the same, so trying to create separation and buzz is harder and harder. If you tailer to you the the older base you run the risk of alienating the younger base, and vice versa. I think we are dealing a lot here with the vocal minority. People get upset when they miss out on a product i get it. We all want the latest and greatest. But Adams was targeting the younger crowd with that collaboration, the internet gen, the instagram gen. And from the looks of it they were successful .

Adams is growing, and with that come growing pains. That is a natural thing, they will get better, the products will get better. And if it does not, as a consumer you exercise the right to choose. Numbers don't lie, and at the end of the day, if the numbers show that the collaborations make sense in business terms they will continue with them, if they don't, you will see less.

I am sure we will see more collaborations, some will be in the wheelhouse of "garage" or "automotive" i am sure. I am sure we will see some that push out the limits, i am ok with that, if i don't like them, i don't have to buy them.

So keep pushing Adams, keep improving, make some mistakes, learn from them, and by all means just keep innovating.

I am in my 20s, I know the hype of trying to reach out to the younger consumer. I am also a business student, and Adams has themselves dead center of a business fad. Will their profits go up with these collaborations? Yes, but that will at some point plateau and then sales will begin to decrease. Why? Young people will always be after the newest thing. We have seen countless numbers of fads come and go, but most don't stick around. If Adams wants to succeed in the long-run I feel they need to come out with a different strategy aside from "trying to keep up with the young people." Should they collaborate? Of course, however collaborations with perhaps another charity, remember folds of honor, or even furthering their involvement with big car companies such as Ford or Mercedes would be in my opinion a better decision. Eventually another car detailing company will either arise, or another company will come up with a clever marketing gimmick, and Adams will have to hope that their established customer base will ride out with them long enough to see that profits will remain steady even after the fad wears off. I can't say that I agree the collaborations were successful, most ASSC products ended up on eBay, and with the untamed collaboration only the hoodies and air fresheners sold out on the actual untamed website. I've just noticed a decline in Adams quality as far as shipments and order accuracy, and an increase in negative comments and feedback since Adams has begun pursuing these collaborations.