Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to dry before a wax

alexA5

Question

I’m just wondering if you guys were to wax your car, after a wash what is the best way to dry your car? Just straight up dry then apply wax or do you guys use guard and glass while dry or something else before applying the wax. 

6 answers to this question

Use one of Adam’s drying towels. Or if you want to go all out, get a Master Blaster and blow dry your car. The MBR is a sizable investment, but it’s one of the most used tools in the shop. We blow dry with it and also blow out interiors with that or a sidekick. The biggest benefit to blow drying is that you don’t have such a risk of scratching with a towel and it also allows you to blow water from all the seams of trim and hidden places reducing or eliminating the water streaks we all hate after a detail. 

That being said, a disclaimer is that it’s not a good idea to use a leaf blower as a replacement for a blower. 

To echo what Shane and Chris have said, if I'm going to apply a wax, typically I will dry the vehicle with either forced air from the Master Blaster, or I'll go over it with the Ultra Plush Drying Towel. In many cases, the vehicle will need to be clayed first before waxing, so I will mist Detail Spray over the clean, rinsed, and wet surface, and then begin claying. I will then usually wipe away clay residue with a clean Double Soft Towel, polish if necessary, and then apply a sealant or wax.