Customer Service 866.965.0400

Prem or Std Foam Gun

chess

Question

8 answers to this question

There's a big difference in the construction of the foam guns.  The standard gun is primarily plastic, while the premium gun is primarily metal.  The performance is basically the same, but the premium gun will last a lifetime if you take care of it. 

8 hours ago, chess said:

I'm trying to find out if the 60 dollar difference in the prem foam gun to the standard foam gun is really worth it ?

Help me out here fellas :)

Welcome, Ron! Don't recall seeing an intro on the New Member forum, so be sure to do that and tell us more about you/your ride(s).

To your question, lots of discussion on this topic, but here's a couple links that may help. I own the Premium and like it, for what it's worth.

I have the standard. Wish I had purchased the premium. But wasn’t sure how much I would use it. The quick disconnect is all plastic parts.  I found it to be fidgety when trying to connect and shortly after I bought it, I dropped it while trying to connect it.  You can guess that the stress of that fall was not good for those fidgety plastic parts.  See link below to my pic. The discussion was also linked above by @falcaineer

GO with the premium foam gun. I have used the standard foam gun when it was on sale and it started to leak today from the plastic disconnect when i don't fully pull the trigger. NOT bothered by it, still enjoyed it and used it but yeah it up to you.

I have the standard foam gun and it’s very strong I’ve dropped it mutiple times on concrete and still good as new imo the prem is just a waste of money that could be spent on more Adams! I spent the extra money buying a foam cannon for when I feel like a deep clean and getting the pressure washer out.

I think it would depend on your needs? Will you be using the foam gun every wash, or will you be using in conjunction with other tools like the Foam Cannon? I have the standard gun and it works great for me but I dont use for every wash...I use my Foam Cannon majority of the time and use the Foam Gun when I dont feel like wheeling the pressure washer out or if washing late/early in the day and dont want to upset the neighbors with the sound of the pressure washer motor. If you will be using the Foam Gun exclusively with every wash, I would suggest purchasing the Premium Gun as I feel it would last longer under heavy use but if your like me and use a Foam Cannon most of the time,  buy the Standard Gun and use the money you saved to purchase more product!!

I purchased the standard foam gun a month+ ago and have used it 5 times, it works great.  This was also my first foam gun, so I really thought it was just a gimmick and my expectations were rather low - I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with how well it works - it is not a gimmick item.

The plastic fittings are not as smooth as I would like, so being the good father-in-law that I am, I'll be giving it to my son-in-law and purchasing the premium foam gun for myself.  I don't expect the foam gun to work differently, but I do expect the brass connections to make it easier and smoother to connect/disconnect from the hose.  I have a large driveway and we usually get together to do multiple vehicles in a day, so we'll still end up using mine most of the time.  I expect the brass fitting to be upscale, while maybe not up to the level of my Eley hose reel and brass quick connects, but given the quality of the Adam's products I have so far, I wouldn't be surprised if it is at that level.