Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from Iowa

Eric91Z

Just another Adam's customer that joined the forums.  Have followed many detailing forums over the years and like to do what I can to take care of my vehicles to get them to not only look good, but last as long as I can.  Used to be a big Zaino fan, but always open to new options.  Few friends recommended Adam's products a few years ago so started trying some stuff.  Since then have pretty much switched over to only Adam's products and have been quite pleased so far.  Have done a couple of mystery buckets, individual products, and just ordered my first real Foam Gun.  Also had a buddy give me a couple of products to give a try.  

This spring finally got one of our two vehicles done with clay bar, wash, and the gray Paint Sealant, all by hand.  Need to start using the Porter orbital more, but waiting on some info for backing pads.  Kind of wish I had the Iron remover before doing the truck.  White truck - had a lot on there, but the clay bar got it all off.  Truck is completely white again, finally.  Now have to do the Impala which might need a little paint correction, clay, and polish.

Still trying to figure out products to use to get that deep looking "pop" from the paint.  The Paint Sealant definitely looks good, but looking for more.  But not ready, financially, to bit the Ceramic bullet yet, but will one day given time I don't have for detailing and also the Iowa winters.  Any recommendations on non-ceramic products to give a try to for more "pop" to the paint finish besides the Paint Sealant?  Also have some H2O Guard & Gloss to try out.

Welcome Eric.  :welcomebanner:

For added "pop" you'll definitely want to grab some Brilliant Glaze. It works well on White but the results on dark colors are off the chart.  You can use BG in conjunction with almost every other product, except Ceramic Coatings.  It can be applied over Guard & Gloss, Paint Sealant, Americana Wax, etc.  You'll love the H2O G&G.  Give it a try....you may be satisfied with the level of shine you get with that alone.   If not, a quick coat of BG will get your attention !

6 minutes ago, ZMAN024 said:

Welcome Eric.  :welcomebanner:

For added "pop" you'll definitely want to grab some Brilliant Glaze. It works well on White but the results on dark colors are off the chart.  You can use BG in conjunction with almost every other product, except Ceramic Coatings.  It can be applied over Guard & Gloss, Paint Sealant, Americana Wax, etc.  You'll love the H2O G&G.  Give it a try....you may be satisfied with the level of shine you get with that alone.   If not, a quick coat of BG will get your attention !

Thanks for that input!  Will try some of the BG!

Haha, what are the odds :)

I love close to the dam. So very SE corner. 

And thanks for the comments on the TBSS. I bought it from Bob Browns new.  I have a pretty solid collection of Adams so if you want to try something to see how it works, just let me know.

5 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Haha, what are the odds :)

I love close to the dam. So very SE corner. 

And thanks for the comments on the TBSS. I bought it from Bob Browns new.  I have a pretty solid collection of Adams so if you want to try something to see how it works, just let me know.

Rich,

Just North of you right near Cherry Glen area...

I have another friend that gave me what amounted to a mystery box worth of stuff, plus big order a year ago, my own mystery box, and just order some new product, including a Foam Gun (no pressure washer for the cannon!).  This spring got a good wash, clay bar, and Paint Sealant on using Adam's products.  Looking forward to trying the H2O Guard & Gloss and have some Brilliant Glaze on the way!

Yes, definitely know a “plain” white can lack some ability to “pop” for sure. Not a metallic and not black, maroon, metallic blue, etc that can really pop. 

Will practice some more on the truck (white one) since it is in good shape and has the base there. Trying the H2O G&G and Brilliant Glaze on the truck.

The Impala is a metallic silver that has a history of looking kind of hazy. Looking to strip wash, iron removal, clay, paint sealant and BG on that one. Along with full wheel well, wheel, and tire clean, too!

Welcome, Eric! I have a pearl white car, albeit metallic, but love the simple combo of PS and HGG. Wash and Wax is also great on it for maintenance washes every so often, say, once a month...otherwise just straight CS with HGG every 4 washes or so. BG looks good, but it's not lasting shine like HGG. You'll only get a week or two out of it on a daily. 

One of the most informative articles on here, read this for more info...

What info do you need on the polisher pads? Adam's products are all color coded, so that's a place to start. Ask away!

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

What info do you need on the polisher pads? Adam's products are all color coded, so that's a place to start. Ask away!

I think I am good on the pads.  About a year ago I order a number of 4" pads for some paint correction work as well as gray pads to go with the Paint Sealant.  Well, the 4" gray pads I got had a recessed area in the middle with a plastic trim ring around the recessed area.  Would not attach to my 4" backing plate on the Porter Orbital that I use (all the other 4" pads worked just fine).  The Porter backing plate measures at about 3.25", but the opening/recessed area was about 3" or less.  Needless to say, couldn't get the 4" gray pads that I got to work.

Looks like design has since changed to match the other 4" pads.  Have some on the way and hopefully those will work.  As my bum shoulder really likes machine vs. hand application...

7 hours ago, Eric91Z said:

Well, the 4" gray pads I got had a recessed area in the middle with a plastic trim ring around the recessed area.  Would not attach to my 4" backing plate on the Porter Orbital that I use (all the other 4" pads worked just fine).  The Porter backing plate measures at about 3.25", but the opening/recessed area was about 3" or less.  Needless to say, couldn't get the 4" gray pads that I got to work. 

My 4" pad isn't like that at all.  If you want to bring your PC down and try out my gray pad you are welcome to do so.

I use a Rupes and it works fine on there.

• 3 weeks later...