Customer Service 866.965.0400

Butter wax on camper

Bluesplayer

Question

6 answers to this question

I agree with Chris.  While the Buttery Wax is the easiest to use, it's not the longest lasting or give your paint the best protection.  Follow Chris' advice.  

I did my 30' motorhome once and it took days to complete.  I always worked on the shade side and to keep track of the block I was working on, I used painters tape.   My method was to do a 2'x4' block in the back and once I had product applied, I had time to mark off the next 2'x4' block in the front before working the block in the back.  Next I would apply the product to the front and go back and forth, eventually meeting in the middle.

For marking the blocks, I used blue painters tape and it never left any residue that a quick wipe a microfiber towel couldn't take care of, just don't leave the tape on too long.

A few more pointers, if you leave it plugged in and the refrigerator running, the heat that comes through the side will affect the reaction time of the Paint Sealant.  Also, check the condensation drains at the bottom of windows before you hit them with the applicator.  I had a couple that still had water in them and ran down the side when I brushed them with the applicator.  For the graphics, you can go over them, but they are generally a thicker matte, so I always traced the graphic instead of going from the fiberglass to the graphic due to the bump.