Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Wax VS Patriot Wax

catman600

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm sure you'll get varying opinions, but the new Ceramic Wax is awesome, even on a non-coated vehicle.  The shine is ridiculous and it reduces the surface tension to the point where dust has hard time sticking, plus it's supposed to outlast traditional natural waxes.  My vote would be for Ceramic Wax. ;)

1 hour ago, catman600 said:

My vehicle is not ceramic coated. Which option would be a better choice? Thank You

If you have the time, equipment, and a garage I would use the ceramic coating. If not I would use the ceramic wax, which adds an incredible amount of shine!

I have heard the same thing about the dust not being able to stick to the car. Im curious on that, but I can say the Patriot is great, awesome shine, really simple on and off so effortless. I have heard the ceramic is a little tougher but not much to remove. 

6 hours ago, falcaineer said:

What are your goals for the wax?

Looking for that extra protection on the corvette with added shine and reliability of the contents I apply. I use almost every Adams product as well. 

7 minutes ago, catman600 said:

Looking for that extra protection on the corvette with added shine and reliability of the contents I apply. I use almost every Adams product as well. 

Ok. You mentioned no coating, so is it sealed? Or are you using wax as your protective layer only?

Hope you know I'm not trying to be difficult. Rather your question was pretty broad so trying to focus the answers you get to directly address your question. In fact, I currently don't use any of Adam's waxes besides BW, and that's not on my car.

So you're looking for best option for a combo of both longevity and gloss in a wax, right?

Paint sealant, glaze and Patriot is a great combo for a garage queen vehicle. 

The ceramic wax is a good product, but it’s best mate is a ceramic coating. If you came to us, the sealant, glaze and patriot is what I’d typically use unless you specifically wanted the ceramic wax.

If you came with a ceramic coated vehicle, the maintenance routine would be different. 

I don't have ceramic coating on any of my cars, and I've had excellent results with the ceramic wax.  I put it on in April, and water is still sheeting and beading great.  Been washed many times.   Just remember to apply it in small areas at a time. Don't do whole panels and then try and wipe it down.  It takes a bit more elbow grease, but you'll be happy with the results.