Customer Service 866.965.0400

When diluting products....

Editguy

Question

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Doesn't matter. You're going to shake them all well anyway to ensure a good mix.

Hopefully you've seen this thread, but if not...

Thanks Chris, Yes I have that page bookmarked for handy reference, good stuff in there!

24 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

I always add water first because if its a foaming product you will be fighting foam as you add water from a hose.  Pouring chemical into water usually does not do that.

I never use a hose to directly add water for diluting chemicals.  Unless your hose is filtered, it will introduce contaminates that can be avoided by either letting the water sit in a jug and only pouring off the top or by using filtered water from inside the house.  City water will have chlorine or other additives and well water has its own set of characteristics, in my case I have a high lime content.  You can also get filters for a funnel, but I only used them a couple of times and they didn't seem to be too effective.

Yea I know you are supposed to use distilled water but I have found no value in doing that for things like APC.  I suppose other peoples water is different with iron content ect., but I personally don't think it matters in my situation.

Your mileage may vary.

4 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Yea I know you are supposed to use distilled water but I have found no value in doing that for things like APC.  I suppose other peoples water is different with iron content ect., but I personally don't think it matters in my situation.

Your mileage may vary.

Does the iron content of the water matter if diluting Iron Remover? Either way, where does it go in the bottle when it is "removed"??!!  ? ?

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Does the iron content of the water matter if diluting Iron Remover? Either way, where does it go in the bottle when it is "removed"??!!  ? ?

Well, if we are discussing using chemical properties then it would precipitate to a dissolved state most likely, ergo it would not be removed from the bottle, but removed as far as a suspended particle and have become a dissolved particle so really the iron is only "removed" as you will from the product you spray the product onto and not removed from the world.