Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet shampoo: what are you using?

Driftergtr

Question

9 answers to this question

Carpet care...a million ways to do the same job. Carpet and upholstery cleaner work well, as does APC on some stubborn stuff. 

As for equipment, what’s your budget?  We use a shop vac, MyTee hot water extractor and a vapor chief steamer. We also use a tornador tool, air compressor and master blaster revolution and/or sidekick.  

One variable is “what’s clean to you?” At a clinic we hosted (and @pirahnah3 and @ZMAN024 can attest) we took a clients garage queen car that was “clean” and extracted his carpets. The water that came out of the extractor looked like coffee. Sometimes surface clean isn’t “clean” and the equipment doesn’t lie. We can get the majority of things out with a combination of our tools and the right chemicals. The tools are the far larger and more expensive side of that equation though. 

@shane@detailedreflections is right, and she was a clean car, and to the eye the interior looked clean. Even the owner was surprised at what came out of those carpets. 

Also I had my new Challenger extraced by Shane and Marquis, only 3k on the clock when they saw it and it was still a bit of a green tea colored water after they were done with the fronts. Ill be back again for sure to have them keep up on it and keep those smells, mold, mildew, and other junk out of my carpets! 

1 hour ago, tlbullet said:

Wow. Didnt think u had chance after seeing pic #1. Great job. 

Thanks. It was my first use of the Multi-use cleaner. First, I vacuumed the mats. Then I just followed the directions: sprayed on the cleaner (it's a WIDE pattern!), let it soak a few minutes, brushed/scrubbed with the cockpit brush, and wiped dry with a microfiber. Voila.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:48 PM, falcaineer said:

Only tools I have at my disposal are a vacuum, CUC, Multi-purpose Foaming Cleaner, cockpit brush and some MF towels.

Here are some results I got with just those.

Amazing work, how much of a difference was there from CUC to MpFC? or dud you even use the CUC

2 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Amazing work, how much of a difference was there from CUC to MpFC? or dud you even use the CUC

I've used both as well.  The foaming cleaner is definitely a stouter cleaner.  May sure you use in a ventilated area.  

8 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Thanks, Jim. That's only the MpFC, brush and towels (for drying). I have the CUC but wanted to see how the new cleaner would work. Didn't even think about a side by side...maybe next time someone has more mats to clean.

And for those reading, I agree with @chasm31. Be sure the area is well ventilated if at all possible. It does have a pretty strong chemical smell. It also has a VERY/deceivingly wide spray pattern so just be aware as you clean.

Edited by falcaineer