Customer Service 866.965.0400

Credit Card Hack

Hey Guys, 

I saw a lot of posts in the “hangar” thread about compromised cards and thought I’d start an individual thread for this topic.   I too was a victim in December.  I had a $68 purchase from “travel.online” and a cross border ATM fee.  My card was old school and didn’t have a chip.  I have since cancelled and gotten a new more secure card.  But good to be on the lookout and hopefully Adams can look into to it.

Same here. I had my card compromised from the Adam's site in November 2018 and early January 2019. The November charge was $186 from Jet.com and January's charge was for $361 from Hidrycovers via a Paypal charge. Both debit cards were cancelled and new ones were issued. I have placed a few orders recently on Adam's and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. Adam's is the only online shopping I do with this particular debit card, and I receive my work direct deposits on it.

From a security and liability standpoint, you really should use a Credit Card for online purchases and not your Debit Card.  With the Debit Card the money it taken directly from you account and while you can usually get it back it takes a while.   With a Credit Card, you are usually only liable for the first $50 and you don't have to pay disputed items so you don't have to worry about your account being drained.

My preference is the use of PayPal that is tied to a Credit Card which adds two levels of security.

Moving to the appropriate section. I've passed this along to our Marketing and Web Development teams.

Please keep in mind that pre-paid debit/credit cards DO NOT work on our website - you must call us to place an order if you would like to use one. We try to steer clear of accepting payment by check in the mail, since we have to wait for them to clear before an order can ship, and limited edition items can sell out fast.

Our website accepts PayPal, and Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.

Also please note that the fastest way to reach us for customer service related issues is to call us at 866-965-0400 during business hours or email us directly to "orders at adams polishes dot com"

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Unfortunately, credit card fraud has become all to common.  And it is not just online shopping, using a card at a restaurant or any other place where the card might leave your possession, and the information can be stolen.  It is also possible that credit card information for online orders can be stolen by malware on your computer, or even by using public WiFi.