Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sealant,Glaze & Wax

TR6speed

Question

Ok, I just finished with the prep work,  Wash and dry, clay and then correction polish and followed by finishing polish.  (that was over a two day process)  Tomorrow I will be doing some hand polishing in the tight areas such as the recessed door handles around the mirrors, the splitter and side skirts and the door jambs.  Once that is done I am ready to protect the paint.  Now the car is not a daily driver and spends a lot of time in the garage covered, so my plan was to apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze followed by a coat of the Patriot Wax.  Should I apply a coat of the Paint Sealant first then the glaze and then the wax, or skip the sealant. 

Thanks

11 answers to this question

If this is on a garaged car your method BG followed by wax is a good plan. If your car sets outside then I would do BG, PS then you could follow up with wax.

Now all this being said, I would really consider skipping all of these steps and use our New Ceramic Spray Coating, more shine & protection.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/ceramics.html

18 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

If this is on a garaged car your method BG followed by wax is a good plan. If your car sets outside then I would do BG, PS then you could follow up with wax.

Now all this being said, I would really consider skipping all of these steps and use our New Ceramic Spray Coating, more shine & protection.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/ceramics.html

Please don't take this the wrong way, but ceramic coating takes all the fun out of detailing.  It is now nothing more then a wash and dry.  If I am not out in the garage twice a year washing, claying, polishing and waxing I am lost.  The detailing is enjoyable to me.polishing, and it just seems that once the ceramic is on the car those steps are gone, at least for a while. 

1 hour ago, mc2hill said:

The BG and Americana is what I use on cars that don't see bad weather. 

The only difference is I am going to the Patriot Wax.  I have always used the Americana, but I need more wax so I decided to if the Patriot a try.

44 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but ceramic coating takes all the fun out of detailing.  It is now nothing more then a wash and dry.  If I am not out in the garage twice a year washing, claying, polishing and waxing I am lost.  The detailing is enjoyable to me.polishing, and it just seems that once the ceramic is on the car those steps are gone, at least for a while. 

I thought the same. Until I typed this.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, TR6speed said:

The only difference is I am going to the Patriot Wax.  I have always used the Americana, but I need more wax so I decided to if the Patriot a try.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, falcaineer said:

I thought the same. Until I typed this.

I have a recommendation for both of you - get more vehicles.  On a serious note, I do have multiple vehicles that I maintain and while I will transition a couple of them over to ceramic, there are multiple that will not change from full hands on detailing.   I'm sure someone will ask why - it's simple, I also enjoy spending time in the garage, the vehicles look great, the wife doesn't complain, so I ask you why not.

What is a golfer expected to do when it is raining or a day when you just can't go to the course? Why not detail a vehicle and do something that I enjoy, plus get to see the end results.  Would you expect a painter to just a picture of the wildlife or actually get the paint and canvas to do it by hand?   The fact is that I'm on the fence about Ceramic and sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do with my stock of Buttery, American and Patriots Wax since I bought a container of Ceramic Wax and it just blows away everything else.  A friend of mine told me I should only put CPW on the Red Vehicles - I called him a smart hmmm.... 

I don't think there is a right or wrong on which method you choose to go with, it is a personal choice and just do what you enjoy doing.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, TR6speed said:

hiya, show us how it looks with patriot wax. I've done the PS>BG>Americana x2 then followed by weekly spray wax or detail spray after washes. Running low on Americana so want to see if pic's do any justice.

8 hours ago, SVillalon said:

hiya, show us how it looks with patriot wax. I've done the PS>BG>Americana x2 then followed by weekly spray wax or detail spray after washes. Running low on Americana so want to see if pic's do any justice.

The finished product at the show.  I was very pleased with the outcome.

Mine.jpg

^^^^  Of course it looks great - it is Red ^^^^   With as good as that looks, I think the Ceramic Paste Wax will amaze you.  With all the Adam's waxes, I've found that a little goes a long way, so unless you have multiple vehicles to wax, you have a long term supply on one container.