Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray or Paint sealant?

takkc3

Question

I am planning on completely detailing my car. Clay bar, buffing, polishing. My question is what should I do to protect the paint? Can I use the ceramic spray coating as a stand alone paint protection after the buffing and be done, or should I use wax? Or possibly both? I want the best protection on my car, and don't want to accidentally skip any major steps because I didn't know. Thanks

8 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, takkc3 said:

I am planning on completely detailing my car. Clay bar, buffing, polishing. My question is what should I do to protect the paint? Can I use the ceramic spray coating as a stand alone paint protection after the buffing and be done, or should I use wax? Or possibly both? I want the best protection on my car, and don't want to accidentally skip any major steps because I didn't know. Thanks

Welome to the forums! Make sure to introduce yourself in the New Member section so that you can be properly welcomed!

I would recommend Ceramic Spray Coating your vehicle. It's a true coating, and yes it can be used as stand alone protection.

After your polishing stage, it's important to use Surface Prep (Isopropyl Based Mix) to remove any of the polishing oils off of the paint. It's important to do this as those oils and any other existing protection may interfere with the bonding between the Ceramic Spray Coating and your paint. 

If you want to top your Ceramic Spray coating with something, allow it to cure completely, and Ceramic Paste Wax, Ceramic Liquid Wax, and Ceramic Boost are great toppers to your coating.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Not knowing what the vehicle is, it is hard to make a recommendation.  For a nice classic, it's hard to beat a hand wax, a newer vehicle with good paint, Ceramic Paste Wax and for a new car go right the Ceramic Spray Coating.   Then again, if it is White, I'd probably go with LPS and H20 as @mc2hill recommended.

I'll suggest adding some picture of what you are working on and the condition of the vehicle and we can probably give you a better answer and even some examples of what it can look like with the different products. 

28 minutes ago, Kickerz71 said:

I used the ceramic spray coating and I’m truly impressed. Question is since I applied it 5 months ago, it’s now time to reapply

what are the steps?

There's a few threads out there with some good discussions. Here's a somewhat recent one. Essentially its the same as the initial application process.