Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iron remover - pre or post wash

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys. Getting a car to detail tomorrow with heavy iron deposits. Fist time using iron remover so I'm wondering if i spray it before i wash or after i wash. Before makes more sense but not sure if it should dry on paint or not as the process will probably take longer than the product takes to dry. 

Just looking for insight on best way to apply it.  Thanks guys. 

3 answers to this question

According to Adam's: rinse, Iron Remover, Rinse, Wash, Clay, etc. I figure it's fine to wash first, but rinsing first is the process Adam's recommends in their video below.

Always make sure the surface is cool to the touch, and avoid leaving on plastic trim too long as it can stain. It can be used in direct sun, but never let it dry on any surface, so use caution.

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

According to Adam's: rinse, Iron Remover, Rinse, Wash, Clay, etc. I figure it's fine to wash first, but rinsing first is the process Adam's recommends in their video below.

According to how dirty the vehicle is makes the determination for me on whether I need to wash first or not.  If there is too much grime on the vehicle, the rinse may not remove enough of it to make the Iron Remover effective and in that case you should Wash, Iron Remove, Rinse, Wash again.  

I don't know if the chemical makeup is similar to wheel cleaner, but they both have the same characteristics in that you want to make sure the surface is cool to the touch, and don't let it dry.  In fact, I try to keep it out of the sun as much as possible and when I can't I do smaller sections.

Edited by RayS