Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Member and new to Adam"s products

allenb110

I just purchased a 2019 Highlander and want to ensure it is protected from the elements.  I have searched the forum but did not find what I wanted.  I am sure it was covered a thousand times.  I have two questions

1.  Can Paint Sealant be used on the protective film applied on the hood of the Highlander for chip protection.  If so is their any special ways to apply it.  

2.  Is their anywhere on the exterior that Paint Sealant should not be used?  Such as the dark plastic pieces around the wheel wells or on glass.

Any help would be appreciated

Allen

1 hour ago, allenb110 said:

I just purchased a 2019 Highlander and want to ensure it is protected from the elements.  I have searched the forum but did not find what I wanted.  I am sure it was covered a thousand times.  I have two questions

1.  Can Paint Sealant be used on the protective film applied on the hood of the Highlander for chip protection.  If so is their any special ways to apply it.  

2.  Is their anywhere on the exterior that Paint Sealant should not be used?  Such as the dark plastic pieces around the wheel wells or on glass.

Any help would be appreciated

Allen

Hi Allen, and Welcome to the forum.

1. I believe this is safe on PPF. Let me see if I can find a clear answer for you on this one

2. Yes, I only use it on paint and on headlights/taillights. Use VRT for trim peices, and use glass sealant on the glass. 

If I may recommend, have you looked into the Ceramic Spray Coating? This is one of my favorite products and provides amazing protection.

If you haven't already, we like to recommend reading over the link below to get familiar with different types of protections and figuring out what you want:

Welcome to the forum Allen.  I use the Paint Sealant right over my PPF with no issues.  Just make sure it's totally clean first because if the edges of the film have any dirt on them,  the sealant will do just that.......seal in the dirt and it will show, especially on light colored vehicles.  I use VRT on trim. 

Welcome, Allen!

I think you're covered above, but to confirm, Paint Sealant can be used over PPF, but it will not help protect from rock chips in any way. Apply as normal with either the grey foam pad and polisher or by hand using a microfiber applicator pad. Ensure you apply a thin, even coat. Too much and it'll be difficult to remove. One tip about VRT...apply it to your trim before applying the PS and it'll make removing any sealant residue (that you'll inevitably get on the trim) super easy.