Customer Service 866.965.0400

Zaino to Adams Ceramic

Brewder

Question

Hello,

I'm a long time user of Zaino products.  I want to switch to a ceramic coating for my 2017 Chevy SS in Regal Peacock Green Metallic (crazy awesome color if you've never seen it).  In the bright sun, the paint looks like a very bright green metallic.  In the shade, it looks black.  I love the depth and richness.

This car has very few miles (under 10k) on it but does require some light paint correction to remove swirl marks most likely from the dealer auto car wash (before I took ownership).

I'm curious what a basic kit/process would be to strip the existing layers of Zaino.. Claybar, Perform light PC, then apply the ceramic polish and best topper for it (including all of the chrome/plastic trim).

I'm new to the slightly overwhelming number of Adams products so looking for a good starting point to get me in the right direction.

Thanks!

//Brew

PS... A few pictures of the car are in order!

ChevySS-5.jpg

ChevySS-7.jpg

ChevySS-8.jpg

ChevySS-11.jpg

Hi again everyone..

Couple more questions..  Is it OK to use the Ceramic Paint coating for things like the "chrome" window moldings and any plastic exterior parts?  Also - what about the glass?  

I think Adams makes the ceramic coating for the wheels, paint, and trim, but it sure would be nice to use the same product for everything... Any pros/cons to using the paint coating for everything??

//Brew

13 minutes ago, Brewder said:

Hi again everyone..

Couple more questions..  Is it OK to use the Ceramic Paint coating for things like the "chrome" window moldings and any plastic exterior parts?  Also - what about the glass?  

I think Adams makes the ceramic coating for the wheels, paint, and trim, but it sure would be nice to use the same product for everything... Any pros/cons to using the paint coating for everything??

//Brew

Yes to "chrome" window moldings and hard plastic trim, no to glass. Use either the Ceramic Spray Coating or Ceramic Glass Wipes for that.

You can use Paint Coating on most everything, but it won't give quite the longevity on wheels as the Wheel Coating. The latter is designed to better withstand the heat generated by the brakes and the general beating the wheels take. In fact, if you have the option, consider using Wheel Coating for most of the car instead.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, Brewder said:

Hello,

I'm a long time user of Zaino products.  I want to switch to a ceramic coating for my 2017 Chevy SS in Regal Peacock Green Metallic (crazy awesome color if you've never seen it).  In the bright sun, the paint looks like a very bright green metallic.  In the shade, it looks black.  I love the depth and richness.

This car has very few miles (under 10k) on it but does require some light paint correction to remove swirl marks most likely from the dealer auto car wash (before I took ownership).

I'm curious what a basic kit/process would be to strip the existing layers of Zaino.. Claybar, Perform light PC, then apply the ceramic polish and best topper for it (including all of the chrome/plastic trim).

I'm new to the slightly overwhelming number of Adams products so looking for a good starting point to get me in the right direction.

Thanks!

//Brew

PS... A few pictures of the car are in order!

ChevySS-5.jpg

ChevySS-7.jpg

ChevySS-8.jpg

ChevySS-11.jpg

Welcome to Adams from a fellow Holden owner! That RPG is sweet👍

On 1/20/2020 at 5:31 AM, Brewder said:

Hi again everyone..

//Brew

The paint coating will work fine on chrome window moldings.  If you are asking about the typical plastic trim then the paint coating will work.  The regular trim coating will have more of a darkening effect than the paint coating.  If your trim is in good condition then the paint coating will work fine.  

If you need more restoration on the trim then you have the option for the ceramic black trim restorer.  I have a how to on the forum with video on how to use this one.

As far as the paint coating on glass, it will do just fine on the side and rear glass (without a wiper).  It won't handle wiper abrasion that well.  

You will be fine using the paint coating on wheels as well.  Go with a double coat and maintain with ceramic boost and the spray coating 1-2 times a year and you will be just fine.  Wheel coatings in general are designed for higher temperature resistance.  But in most cases a daily driver won't see that high temperature and a paint coating will do just fine.  I have had success with a standard paint coating on wheels and in some cases better performance than a wheel coating.  

Maybe this should be a new thread, but i'll ask it here anyway.

I enjoy my  detailing routine in the warm months where I live...  Would it be better to Ceramic Paint coat my car (every few years), then use Adam's Boost as part of my 2-3 times per week wash/quick detailing routine  - OR - would it be better to use Ceramic Spray coating after a wash 2-3 times per week?

I enjoy using "spray detailers" a few times per week to really keep my car looking great.  My only concern is the layering of products. 

//Brew

3 hours ago, Brewder said:

I enjoy my  detailing routine in the warm months where I live...  Would it be better to Ceramic Paint coat my car (every few years), then use Adam's Boost as part of my 2-3 times per week wash/quick detailing routine  - OR - would it be better to use Ceramic Spray coating after a wash 2-3 times per week?

I enjoy using "spray detailers" a few times per week to really keep my car looking great.  My only concern is the layering of products. 

//Brew

You are probably better off using a ceramic waterless wash several times a week.  that product will not build up.  it is also recommended to use the ceramic boost once Every few washes, Definitely not 2 to 3 times a week.  The same with the ceramic spray coating, Three times a year it would probably be plenty. 
 Although the new product Adams just released the CS3 may fit into your regiment.  I just don’t have any experience with it yet since it was just released yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Brewder said:

//Brew

You won't need to use the spray coating that often.  You would be better off using ceramic boost, CS3 or ceramic waterless wash.  You could do the same for the spray coating until you are ready to polish and start fresh.