Customer Service 866.965.0400

When to change ceramic applicator

Jlinn1989

Question

8 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Agreed with Chris, no issues here either with needing to swap to a different side.

That said, I find it best to start on a side perpendicular to the seam side, giving two opposite sides to work with on the applicator vs. two adjacent sides. Hopefully that makes sense.

I do exactly as Chris states here, two uses per applicator and then I throw it out. I'll use each side perpendicular to the stitched seam. Using two adjacent sides is too risky - after using a side, those two edges will become hard and crystallize, and can and will scratch if you try to use the adjacent side for the next application. I would recommend factoring the applicators into the cost of coating a vehicle and have several spares on hand.

This weekend, I even found that the 4-5 hours (had multiple pauses during application) that I spent applying Graphene Ceramic Coating to my neighbor's new Tundra, the applicator began to harden during that time frame, so I did have to move to a new side about 3/4 of the way through coating the truck. 

6 hours ago, Jlinn1989 said:

When applying ceramic coating with the micro suede applicator, when should I rotate the sides of the applicator and how long can I use it before it will start to crystallize and risk scratching?

I haven't had any trouble staying on the same side of the applicator  that I started with, however if you do see any crystallizing just rotate to the other side.

Agreed with Chris, no issues here either with needing to swap to a different side.

That said, I find it best to start on a side perpendicular to the seam side, giving two opposite sides to work with on the applicator vs. two adjacent sides. Hopefully that makes sense.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:52 AM, Dan@Adams said:

I do exactly as Chris states here, two uses per applicator and then I throw it out. I'll use each side perpendicular to the stitched seam. Using two adjacent sides is too risky - after using a side, those two edges will become hard and crystallize, and can and will scratch if you try to use the adjacent side for the next application. I would recommend factoring the applicators into the cost of coating a vehicle and have several spares on hand.

This weekend, I even found that the 4-5 hours (had multiple pauses during application) that I spent applying Graphene Ceramic Coating to my neighbor's new Tundra, the applicator began to harden during that time frame, so I did have to move to a new side about 3/4 of the way through coating the truck. 

Dan...since you've done a vehicle with graphing already...how's the finish?  How is this product from ONLY a finish/shine/depth perspective when compared to ceramic?  

On 8/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, galaxy said:

Dan...since you've done a vehicle with graphing already...how's the finish?  How is this product from ONLY a finish/shine/depth perspective when compared to ceramic?  

Shine and depth are going to be very comparable, but I can say it is incredibly glossy! The majority of the shine/depth/gloss is going to come from properly correcting and polishing the surface first, but the Graphene Ceramic Coating and our UV Paint Coating are both going to make the surface look even that much better! 

Here's a few shots of the Tundra I corrected and coated last weekend:

ns6Yu0V.jpg
UvPLbeI.jpg

yDiYDZn.jpg

15 hours ago, galaxy said:

Looks great, and yeah, I agree.  I’m on the fence.  Have plenty of ceramic coating at home to use.  But if the gloss and shine of the graphine are better, then it’s worth the cost to me. 

With graphene, durability and hydrophobic behavior are improved, and it handles water spotting better as well. Gloss and shine levels are awesome with both, but they are going to be difficult to discern with the naked eye.