Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating on Convertible Top

LinPark

Question

It is time to do another treatment on my convertible top - this is on a 2017 Chevy Camaro.  Initially I used RaggTopp cleaner followed by RaggTopp fabric protectant.  I've cleaned the top again using RaggTopp and am curious if I can use the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating or is there another option in the Adam's line that would be better?  Does anyone have a link to the process of applying the protectant that I could review?  Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I have done two convertible tops, one with regular Ceramic Spray Coating and the other with the Graphene Spray Coating.  There is a bit more depth to the Graphene Spray Coating and I don't want say shine, more of a brilliance.  The regular Ceramic Spray Coating has held up very well on the Convertible top and several tonneau covers, including my hard rollup.  I have not done a tonneau with the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating, but will be doing my truck in the next few weeks.

The one thing that I have learned from doing the tops and tonneau covers is to vigorously wipe it down when it flashes.  I generally use a couple borderless gray towels and kept at it until everything looked even.  The chances of getting a high spot out of the canvas or vinyl are pretty slim and I never wanted to find out if it is possible.  

I've been on the fence about using the Graphene on the vert top.  My main concern is if will harden and crack.  I'll be going to Carlisle next week and plan on picking up a new bottle of Ragg Topp, but can you  convince me to switch?  

On 6/16/2021 at 8:53 PM, Rich said:

I've been on the fence about using the Graphene on the vert top.  My main concern is if will harden and crack.  I'll be going to Carlisle next week and plan on picking up a new bottle of Ragg Topp, but can you  convince me to switch?  

Before I coat a top, I ensure it has been conditioned and cured for at least a day inside the garage for I coat it.  The product of choice for the conditioning depends on the material of the top.  The Mustang has been over a year with the regular spray coating and it still looks great.  The one thing to remember with coating a top, there is no polishing it off, you have to wait until it goes away itself.   The 303 Aerospace cleaner will not even take it off and because the Mustang is in the garage, I'm thinking it will take 18 months or so to wear off.