Customer Service 866.965.0400

2021 Corvettes at Carlisle

The old thread was really outdated, so let's start a new one.

August 26-28, 2021

Carlisle Pa.

Got our usual spot reserved, hotel booked, spent this past weekend at Carlisle for GM Nationals and got to visit with Lance one to one for about a half hour. Sounds like Corvettes is going to be a good show.  GM ran like clockwork.  Not many vendors on the Midway, but this is GM and there's never a lot.  Asked him when he's going to get Jay Leno to the show and he laughed and said "if you pay his fee, we'll get him here". LOL  Apparently, Mr. Leno asks about a quarter of a million dollars for personal appearances.  So he won't be coming any time soon.  I forgot to ask if Chevrolet/Chevy Racing was going to be back this year.  And I just read that Kerbeck has been sold to Ciocca Motors, so I have no idea if anyone from that dealership will be there. Maybe Mike Furman and Criswells can take their place.  

So who else is heading there?

Two things............the food, aside from Stolzfus is pretty crappy at the food court.  Marcello's pizza was really bad unfortunately.  Expect LONG lines at any restaurant in town. Like the rest of the country, nobody is staffed.  We spent two hours at Cracker Barrel (just me and the wife) just to eat dinner.  

Anyhow, everything seems pretty much back to normal as far as no masks, etc. now.  So we should all go and enjoy ourselves.  

4 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

I will see you there hopefully more people go back to work to staff these restaurants and events I’m in the same spot as usual and hopefully my daughter doesn’t have the baby then 

Women have babies every day !  Carlisle happens once a year!!  Come on Bob!  That's the worst excuse ever!  :lolsmack:

I went last year.  Was smaller but still had a great time.

I entered into the NCCC Judged part of the show.  Took best in show and won 500.00 cash!!!.

Not going to enter in it this year.   

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us who pay for our next year's reserved spots while we're there.........I talked with Jody at Carlisle and there will be NO increase for 2022.  It will still be $150 for 2022. BUT she said they'll be setting the price for 2023 in November and there's a possiblity that the price will go up.  But for one more year at least, we're holding steady at $150.  For me.......well worth the cost. 

18 hours ago, keev14 said:

We plan on parking in the middle somewhere.  I am flying my daughter to harrisburg thursday night.  She will be with me friday and saturday.  Very excited!!!

Well, you know where we're parked so you have no excuse not to stop and talk Scott!  See you there! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to it, but sure hope it cools down for that weekend.  Even with a tent, that sun beats off the grass and makes it too hot to want to move.  Plus once it's over, that's pretty much the end of summer.  😞  Not quite, but the nice days to enjoy our rides up north get less and less.  But we'll make the best of it, and reserve our spot again for next year!!

3 minutes ago, 67's said:

Is there still going to be a Pizza party? With the new schedule, will it still be on Friday nite?

I'm guessing that would be a no for this year.   

And what new schedule??

2 hours ago, 67's said:

Thurs-Sat, they had a party  last year I think.

Well, I really don't know, but haven't heard a thing about one and usually have heard by this time.  

1 hour ago, buffalobob920 said:

Did anyone get there sticker yet 

Usually a week or two before the show. So another week or two we should be getting them. I'm anxious to see the event map.  They're still pretty tight lipped about whether or not Chevy/Chevy Racing will even be there or not this year. I spoke with Lance about a month ago and he hedged on answering me.    Kerbecks was sold to Cicocca , but Ciocca Chevy is planning on being there. No clue if they will do something similar to what Kerbeck used to as far as a tent, cars, posters, etc.   We were at GM and there were FOUR vendors on the midway.  Lots of guys selling stuff all over, but only four on the Midway.