Customer Service 866.965.0400

Convertible Soft top Cover

Resjudicata22

Question

So I've always had cheap cars; but last year I bought a new BMW m850i Convertible with vinyl soft top. At $140k, I'm afraid to ask how much it costs to replace the canvas top. 

So I'm very interested in cleaning, protecting, and making it last as long as possible. 

What do you guys use or do for tops?  Or leave them alone as long as possible?

9 answers to this question

I've used nothing except RaggTopp on my 2013 vert, and it still looks brand new. I use the cleaner every other year, and treat (seal)  it every year. A lot of guys here put Graphene or Ceramic on their tops and are happy with it.  Either one works. 

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've used nothing except RaggTopp on my 2013 vert, and it still looks brand new. I use the cleaner every other year, and treat (seal)  it every year. A lot of guys here put Graphene or Ceramic on their tops and are happy with it.  Either one works. 

Ty!

15 hours ago, ResJudicata said:

Correct, or the Ceramic Spray Coating. There is a process to it, though, not simply spray and leave.

I have used the Ceramic Spray Coating on several Tonneau covers and Convertible tops, including one the was over 20 years old.  The old top required two rounds of cleaner and then three rounds of conditioner and then I let it cure indoors for a week before applying the Ceramic Spray Coating.   Whatever process you are going to do, pick a test spot and try it.  Not all tops react the same to the cleaner and conditioner.  The higher the quality of the top, the more likely that you'll need the higher end products, such as Ragg Top.  For mid grade tops, 303 Areospace seems to be preferred and I keep both in my inventory.   Whichever conditioner you use, give it plenty of time to cure before applying the spray coating and then make sure you follow instructions.

For interior leather, I have found nothing that beats Adam's Leather Conditioner for how it looks and feels.  The Adam's Leather Coating is also an excellent product if you are looking for something with lower maintenance. 

2 hours ago, RayS said:

I have used the Ceramic Spray Coating on several Tonneau covers and Convertible tops, including one the was over 20 years old.  The old top required two rounds of cleaner and then three rounds of conditioner and then I let it cure indoors for a week before applying the Ceramic Spray Coating.   Whatever process you are going to do, pick a test spot and try it.  Not all tops react the same to the cleaner and conditioner.  The higher the quality of the top, the more likely that you'll need the higher end products, such as Ragg Top.  For mid grade tops, 303 Areospace seems to be preferred and I keep both in my inventory.   Whichever conditioner you use, give it plenty of time to cure before applying the spray coating and then make sure you follow instructions.

For interior leather, I have found nothing that beats Adam's Leather Conditioner for how it looks and feels.  The Adam's Leather Coating is also an excellent product if you are looking for something with lower maintenance. 

Thanks, I ordered some today.