Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shine question at a Show

67's

Question

Ok,

For corvettes at Carlisle, My car isnt outside much "garage Queen", it is only outside about 8-16 hrs a week, Buttery Wax omly wax on it after polishing, If I wash it down there what do you suggest for a drying/shine aid? I usually use just D.S. but have Slick and Slide, H2O G&G, and Graphene DS, or is there something else to use that will pop better? And what to use the second day to remove the dew on the car?

Thanks,

Tom M

10 answers to this question

Hi Jack,

My go to for Buttery and Americana is regular Detail Spray followed by Brilliant Glaze to make it pop.  You can do this a few days in a row before you'll need to reapply the Buttery Wax and probably 10 times with Americana.  For any bugs or other grime one trip, I recommend Waterless Wash since it will remove bugs without a lot of effort.

Another option is using Spray Wax on the second day with the dew following the wet application method.  

Edited by RayS

14 minutes ago, 67's said:

Ok, now what if I put some Patriot wax on this weekend, will that change any recommendations?

Thanks 

Nope. I applied Patriot Wax then BG on this beauty to get it ready for a car show last week (not mine, a client's). I also gave him a sample of DS to use the morning of. I promise, BG is incredible, it's basically car show shine in a bottle.

PXL_20210810_020716199.thumb.jpg.b83688485fadc4d42d9c963d0ac7bf96.jpg

5 hours ago, 67's said:

How long does BG last?

Maybe a couple of days of normal daily driving, a rainstorm would also remove it. It's not meant to be a long-term product, but while you have it on there, you'll love it!

Patriot Wax and  Brilliant Glaze were my go tos on my Vette before I started with the ceramics.   See ya next week at Carlisle Tom!  Right now, the weather looks like crap. But that can change hopefully. 

1 hour ago, 67's said:

I assume if there is some dust on it, it is ok to use DS to clean it before applying BG.

Yep.  

1 hour ago, 67's said:

Rich,

I hope so, we are having flood warnings up here already.

Same here. I'm in Johnstown Pa. and it's been rain, rain, and more rain. Good. Get it out of the way this weekend!!!   Rain doesn't bother me though at the show.  Unless it's like it was in 05 when those straight line winds went through and tore the place up.  Don't want to go through that again. Lost my tent !!