Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cilajet and Graphene Advanced Prep

JPunisher

Question

Just got a new vehicle.  I fell for the paint protection upsale as it was sold to me as a ceramic coating.  I was told it's a product called Cilajet.  I'm considering removing the Cilajet and applying the Adams Graphine Ceramic Advanced.  What prep would I need to do to remove the Cilajet.  The vehicle is new with no swirls, dents or nicks.  While getting tints installed, I went ahead and got Stek PPF on the front end of the vehicle.  It has hydrophobic properties.  I was told that I do not need to ceramic coat the areas that have PPF.  If I apply the Adams Graphene Advanced (on non PPF areas), can I use the graphene quick detailer, graphene boot or graphene shampoo on the entire car to include over the PPF? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

10 answers to this question

You could apply the coating over PPF without any issues. It will increase the hydrophobics and make the PPF even easier to clean.  With regards to the dealer applied product, you could try a strip wash and see if that removes it.  If it were me I would go around the car with a polish and then proceed to the coating.  You will not be removing that much clear doing this.  

I'm with @The Guzon the Strip Wash and then look for any areas that need to be polished or additional attention and focus on them.  Then you compare the correct spots with the rest of the vehicle to determine if a once-over should be done on the entire vehicle.  As for the PPF, I always apply the Adam's products to it and they work great.

I appreciate the responses.  Is it critical to polish the car?  I don't have experience polishing and just concerned I might do more damage than good.  I have a 6in random orbital but I have not used it yet.  I'm going to practice on something else before trying it on my new SUV.

It is not guaranteed the strip wash and panel wipe will remove the dealer applied product.  But there is no requirement to polish before applying a coating.  It is also not hard to polish.  Go with what works for you.  Also are you using the spray coating or the actual coating?

Great video.  Thanks.  What is the prep for door jambs and tail lights.  I would assume the dealership applied Cilajet to those areas.  Do I just polish the tail lights and manually polish door jambs and crevices?

12 hours ago, JPunisher said:

Great video.  Thanks.  What is the prep for door jambs and tail lights.  I would assume the dealership applied Cilajet to those areas.  Do I just polish the tail lights and manually polish door jambs and crevices?

Same prep for those areas.