Customer Service 866.965.0400

Advance Graphene Ceramic Streaks & Spots

PirateGoat

Question

I applied Adam’s Advance Graphene Ceramic coating to my wife’s GMC Acadia in early January. At first it looked great then about a month later I started noticing streaking/ hazing on the hood. 

How do I correct the coating to get rid of the streaks/ hazing?

Streaks on the hood. This is right after a wash. IMG_4172.thumb.jpeg.7a0745538f3ede39f2f83b4c9284b634.jpegIMG_4169.thumb.jpeg.a05e5d09a2372f424555b9add8d6942e.jpeg

IMG_4171.thumb.jpeg.3797770e3f6646df3c5c4c29e4e90067.jpeg

Rear deck lid

IMG_4173.thumb.jpeg.3159ae1d8f10d708b19042a50ebb29a9.jpeg

Then this past week we took a vacation to the Florida Keys and came back with these spots on the hood. I was hoping they would come off with a wash but no luck. 
If I clay them will that take the ceramic off?

IMG_4338.thumb.jpeg.482706a210424255729c6da431d77f62.jpeg

I have been using Adam’s products since 2008 and this is the first time I have not been extremely happy with the out come of a product. I’m hoping this can be corrected with some more work and that it was my skills not the product. 

6 answers to this question

Hi Kevin,

What are you using for your maintenance washes and upkeep?   

For the Terrain and Colorado, I use Graphene Shampoo and Graphene Detail Spray and have not experienced any problems on either vehicle.  They are both garage kept and recently the Terrain completed a 2,800 mile road trip and it still looks great. During the trip I used CS3 and Graphene Detail Spray to keep it looking acceptable. 

I have found that the Graphene Shampoo does have a bit more of tendency to dry during a wash, especially on the sunny and hot South Carolina days, so I make sure I keep the vehicle wet during the entire wash process.  Following the wash I use the Graphene Detail Spray as the drying aid. 

The above spots are high spots.  Excess coating that was not wiped off properly during the application.  Polish those panels and reapply the coating. 

Where was the car parked during your vacation? 

Thank you for both for the answers. 
My normal wash is foam cannon with purple ultra foam shampoo, then two bucket/ 3 wash mitts with blue shampoo, and dry with dryer, detail spray, and ultra plush towel. 
I have Graphene shampoo that I’m about to switch too but was finishing up what I had left. 

We were parked under a tree might have been a banana tree or similar. 

Do I clay the whole hood and then reapply?

2 hours ago, PirateGoat said:

We were parked under a tree might have been a banana tree or similar. 

Do I clay the whole hood and then reapply?

Leaving it under a tree will definitely do that.  If it is a sap like residue then try a sap remover.  If it is not then try a water spot remover.  Worst case you have to polish and reapply as claying will more than likely not remove those strains.  

I coated my car about 2-1/2 years ago and am having the same issue—streaming that has just now occurred.

Maintenance routine is graphene shampoo with cannon, and then the two bucket method, using an ego blower to dry, followed by graphene CS3 each wash.  This last wash I tried using some slick and slide I received from a mystery bucket.  But, the streaming didn’t occur with the application of slick and slide—that went on GREAT, looked and felt amazing.  Went to do the weekly wash the and the streaks appeared.

thoughts?

High spots and streaks like this occur immediately after applying the coating; however you may not notice them immediately, especially if working under garage lighting. While it's best to apply the coatings indoors, and I always recommend that, it is a good idea to pull the vehicle outside right after coating it to do a visual inspection. On a very sunny day, it will be difficult to see high spots, streaks, and so on, but on a slightly cloudy or overcast day, these high spots and overlap lines will be much more apparently, especially on darker-colored vehicles. 

As The Guz mentioned, these high spots can be fixed by polishing them off with a white foam pad and white Polish, but you might be able to remove them with a less invasive method such as applying a small amount of Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating onto the area and immediately wiping it off, or using a few drops of Brilliant Glaze on a towel, wiping it in, and then immediately wiping it off. The solvent content in the Spray Coating and Brilliant Glaze can help to correct these issues in most cases. If neither of these options work, that is when I would move up to using a drop of two of white Polish on a towel and wiping the area by hand at first, and then moving to a machine polisher with a white pad if necessary. In either case, I would re-apply the coating over this area afterward. Hope that helps!