Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about h2o G&G

1stFST

Question

Hey guys so I’m pretty new to the detailing word so I wanna make sure I’m doing this right. 

here is my plan so far for using G&G. 
(I don’t have a polisher or any polishes yet so I will be skipping this step for right now and will just try and be careful when claying). 

step 1: wash car with strip wash 

step 2: clay car with clay mitt (using adams car shampoo for lube, I have DS but want to save it for wipe downs and drying aid) then rinse off. 

step 3: wash car with adams shampoo to remove any contaminants left over from claying process 

step 4: with car still wet apply the h2o GG with damp towel and then buff with dry towel. 

I will use waterless wash and detail spray in between my 2 bucket washes to maintain car. 

I will reapply h2o GG every 4th wash or about 2-3 months or as needed. 

quick question with reapplying h2o GG, is it necessary to strip wash or clay again to remove any remaining G&G or can I simply just apply another layer of G&G on top of the old layer every 2-3 months?

last question, does adams shampoo have anything in it that will mess with the bonding of the h2o GG? Should I skip using the shampoo after claying and use surface prep instead or is the shampoo fine? 

thank you for any comments or suggestions! 

Edited by 1stFST

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Firebuff17 said:

H2OGG is one of my favorites. 
The plan you have laid out is what I have done. Strip, clay, wash, dry with GG. Reapply GG 3-6 washes later. Once a year I strip it, clay and start over. I haven’t noticed any detriments to doing it this way. 

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of good reviews about the product. Very excited to try it. 

good to hear that it’s been working out for you with that method. It seems like it doesn’t build up real bad and cause issues glad to hear that you only had to strip and clay once a year. 

8 minutes ago, RayS said:

H20GG is an excellent product and if you have a white vehicle, I think it beats every other option available. You steps look good, just be real careful with the Clay since it can introduce marring.

yes I’m going to be very careful since I’m not polishing after. 

with the clay mitt do you just gently glide it over the paint without much pressure? 

6 hours ago, 1stFST said:

yes I’m going to be very careful since I’m not polishing after. 

with the clay mitt do you just gently glide it over the paint without much pressure? 

It'll be moderate pressure. Here's a video to help.

And another

10 hours ago, falcaineer said:

It'll be moderate pressure. Here's a video to help.

And another

Thanks. 

also does the adams shampoo the blue one  leave any kind of film behind or any kind of gloss enhances or anything that would mess with the bonding of the GG since I’ll be washing once more with the shampoo after claying? 

1 hour ago, 1stFST said:

Thanks. 

also does the adams shampoo the blue one  leave any kind of film behind or any kind of gloss enhances or anything that would mess with the bonding of the GG since I’ll be washing once more with the shampoo after claying? 

No film, and no gloss enhancers. Just clean.

@1stFST I use H2O G&G as part of my Hoseless/rinseless wash - I wash the panel, then spray G&G over the panel (I switched to a Tolco spray head, as it disburses better).  Then I wipe the G&G with a damp MF towel to spread it out evenly, and finally wipe with a drying towel.  I have dedicated towels for the damp wipe part, as it can be difficult to remove from the towel.