Customer Service 866.965.0400

I just don't get these matte finished cars...

mikegeaney

Question

This is a beautiful rig for certain, but I just don't get it. It looks like my 72 Buick GS convertible did while I was saving up for a paint job after the body work and primer was done. I think a nice deep black, shined up by Adam's of course, would 1,000 times better.

index.cfm?mediaid=45635&type=2

I have also seen some other exotics out there with this matte finish. Not for me. Just one man's opinion. :burnout:

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I kinda like it

I saw this M6 on the way home from Carlisle last year, I heard it first and thought to myself "what is that" I told my brother to grab the camera and take a couple pics. Here they are.

papasdodgeshow01.jpg

papasdodgeshow02.jpg

Hey Jason, this opens up a whole new market !!!!! You can build a new line of products to really bring out the dull in your paint :lol::lol::lol:

It is already out there, I believe it is called the competitors products! :willy:

I like on some cars but not on others. It's starting to get really popular now though, I even see it on Cobalts I associate with so it's getting played out at that point. lol

I do like it on this.

flat20elise.jpg

and I love how they did the prancing horse in gloss on this.

360frontflat.jpg

It really depends on the car I guess... and it used to be cool just for the simple fact that it was unique, but now everyone is doing it b/c its trendy. I hate when car fashion goes that way, where people do things not b/c its what works for the car, but b/c "everyone else is doing it". So few people now a days have any sense of originality.

If I hear one more person tell me my rims would look better w/ a chrome lip I might go ballistic. Why? Because thats what everyone else does?? Newsflash, my rims don't even have a LIP to them... kinda hard to have a chrome lip when there is no lip to begin with and even if they did I promise you I still would've done them all black :willy:

It really depends on the car I guess... and it used to be cool just for the simple fact that it was unique, but now everyone is doing it b/c its trendy. I hate when car fashion goes that way, where people do things not b/c its what works for the car, but b/c "everyone else is doing it". So few people now a days have any sense of originality.

If I hear one more person tell me my rims would look better w/ a chrome lip I might go ballistic. Why? Because thats what everyone else does?? Newsflash, my rims don't even have a LIP to them... kinda hard to have a chrome lip when there is no lip to begin with and even if they did I promise you I still would've done them all black :willy:

well you know if it was me i would have put a chrome....

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I have a chrome lip on my rims and I hate it. lol It's impossible to keep clean.

I have seen some cars in Matteblack that just look awesome but some that look pretty bad. There are cars around here in Matte Green and Matte orange. Kind of unique at least.

How do you even take care of a matte finished car? I mean you can't wax them can you?

I have seen some cars in Matteblack that just look awesome but some that look pretty bad. There are cars around here in Matte Green and Matte orange. Kind of unique at least.

How do you even take care of a matte finished car? I mean you can't wax them can you?

VRT!! actually idk how to maintain it, regular wash and Detail spray?