Customer Service 866.965.0400

Before & Afters

Team Adam's

Question

At yesterdays detail clinic the discussion of demos on badly swirled paint came up. To that end I'd like to get a thread underway that shows some real good examples of BEFORE & AFTER.

Limit each post to one specific process or product (ex. swirl removal, VRT on trim, interior cleaner on stains)

To keep this organized lets try to keep the format pretty uniform. I think this could be a great resource for those looking to see whats possible with the products.

Lets follow this template:

List vehicle make and model, quick rundown of condition

>BEFORE SHOT #1<

>BEFORE SHOT #2<

List product used and process

>AFTER SHOT #1<

>AFTER SHOT #2<

>BRAGGING SHOT<

I'll get us started off:

2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ, belongs to my little brother. At this point it had only been waxed once in its life and was washed pretty haphazardly by him on occasion, but mostly was sent thru the car wash (my brother and I have vastly different approaches to car care) :willy:

image0002.jpg

image0001.jpg

Washed, clayed, & dried

2 passes orange pad w/ Swirl & Haze Remover

1 pass white pad w/ Fine Machine Polish

1 pass gray pad w/ Machine Superwax

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

Finished Product:

image0013.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

07 Silverado with pretty bad baked on water spots, etching, and swirls. 2 passes each of SSHR, SHR, and FMP.

BEFORE:

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

After: (Sorry about the weird reflections, my garage is a mess!)

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Was feeling a little adventurous this weekend and decided to really attack my wheels. Turned out to be very time consuming and was only able to finish the two front 19" rims of a 2010 Jaguar XF.

Before shots were taken following my standard wash using the GWC, Turbo Stick and the Boar's Hair Wheel Brush.

post-2651-136818051452_thumb.jpg

post-2651-13681805168_thumb.jpg

Following removal, soaked the barrels and rear of the spokes for about a minute with GWC then cleaned using the boar's hair brush, lug nut brush, toothbrush, random towel.

I park in a garage without a water supply so used a pressurized garden sprayer to rinse the wheels between phases.

After getting them as clean as they were going to get, clayed inner and outer surfaces, applied Revive Polish, and topped it off with MSS. As I sat waiting the obligatory 20 minutes for MSS to cure, I really wished I had a can of Adam's Speed Sealant.

The results. Not as perfect as I wanted but significantly better.

post-2651-136818051686_thumb.jpg

post-2651-136818051691_thumb.jpg

post-2651-136818051695_thumb.jpg

Edited by samers

So last week a hit a pole at work:mad:. I was so affraid i would have to replace my front bumper cover which is not cheap. I was concentrating on backing up that i forgot i parked next to it.

Before:

2011-10-22_16-29-40_68.jpg

After: Had to use some 3M rubbing compound to remove the paint (could not find any Adams products that worked). There were only some minor scratches, so i clayed, 4" focus pads, my drill, SSHR, SHR, FMP, and hit it with some American. It did a great job removing the scratches.

2011-10-22_16-57-19_477.jpg

2011-10-22_16-57-24_773.jpg