Customer Service 866.965.0400

Before & Afters

Team Adam's

Question

At yesterdays detail clinic the discussion of demos on badly swirled paint came up. To that end I'd like to get a thread underway that shows some real good examples of BEFORE & AFTER.

Limit each post to one specific process or product (ex. swirl removal, VRT on trim, interior cleaner on stains)

To keep this organized lets try to keep the format pretty uniform. I think this could be a great resource for those looking to see whats possible with the products.

Lets follow this template:

List vehicle make and model, quick rundown of condition

>BEFORE SHOT #1<

>BEFORE SHOT #2<

List product used and process

>AFTER SHOT #1<

>AFTER SHOT #2<

>BRAGGING SHOT<

I'll get us started off:

2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ, belongs to my little brother. At this point it had only been waxed once in its life and was washed pretty haphazardly by him on occasion, but mostly was sent thru the car wash (my brother and I have vastly different approaches to car care) :willy:

image0002.jpg

image0001.jpg

Washed, clayed, & dried

2 passes orange pad w/ Swirl & Haze Remover

1 pass white pad w/ Fine Machine Polish

1 pass gray pad w/ Machine Superwax

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

Finished Product:

image0013.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I love Americana and I love the 4" polishing pad kit, two VERY BIG thumbs up. :2thumbs:

Before (after the collision center)

PostcrashrepairONRwashandinspection1-29-11004Largee-mailview.jpg

After: :banana:

Spring2011G8GTpaintcorrection005Largee-mailview.jpg

Edited by sportredmistress
replaced cloudy day picture w/sunny day picture :)

Aworkman..nice job! Must be an FJ owner thing. One of my buddies has the same truck and it was in the same shape last year when I did a correction on it. Saddly he's managed to scratch it all up again so I get to do it again for him in a couple weeks. I tried to tell him no snow brushes or car washes..but that didnt sink in.

Well I got to test out Adams for the First Time this weekend. I will admit that my I have not been giving my truck the love it deserves the past few years. This weekend I washed my truck, and cleaned the wheel wells, and tested out my RP on the side of my bumper, and some BW. Last year over a couple of months I did not realize but when i was parking in my garage I was rubbing up against a cardboard box which left small scratches and marks on the side of my front bumper

Here is what it looked like before

2011-05-01_09-45-04_994.jpg

And After, just clay bar, RP, and BW2011-05-01_09-53-01_819.jpg

I am very impressed with the results, not perfect buy much better

I cant wait till I get my PC Kit so I can really do some corrections, of course it wont get rid of all the rock chips on the front of the truck, but it should still look much better.:pc: I will also be attending a detail clinic at the end of May, and the person puting on the clinc said he might use my truck as the guinea pig which will be nice.

Also this weekend I used almost and entire bottle of APC to clean my wheel wells, and I am very impressed withe UCS. Sorry I dont have any before and afters of the wheel wells

Edited by Diggerdan11

I will psot some pics up once my PC kit gets here in the mail. i went over the whole car by hand and was amazed, so amazed that i ordered the PC kit to get even more results. all the results in here are amazing! i hope mine turn out half this good lol

American Racing aluminum rims badly oxidized from years of neglect.

Before:

P4220004.jpg

P4220003.jpg

Process involved Metal Polish #1 used with 4" focus pads on a drill, followed by hand application of Metal Polish #1 and then Metal Polish #2 with a microfiber applicator. Finally sealed with Machine SuperWax applied with a hand applicator.

After:

P5210002.jpg

P5210020.jpg

For more on this process, check this thread: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11274

All Adams goodies. Used the Porter Cable 7424XP along with Adams Swirl/Haze removed, Polish & MSW.

Front_fender_Combine.jpg?t=1306102732Front_fender_combine2.jpg?t=1306102794

Then I focused on the rear hatch.

Hatch_Combined.jpg?t=1306102877

Doors were next.

Door_Combine.jpg?t=1306102925

The hood after some lovin

Hood_After.jpg?t=1306102966

Here is a picture of my truck, I just did a test on the front passenger quarter panel. I washed it by had a couple days ago, so today I used the WCW, then I just used some RP, and BW

Before:

IMG_1342.jpg

After:

IMG_1344.jpg

Not to bad for just the hand products,Of course Adams products wont help me with the rock chips, Im hoping I can get those tinny scratches out with my PC kit when i actually get a chance to use it and have a garage to do it in.:pc: