Customer Service 866.965.0400

What rides do you wish you still had?

Rich

This should be fun. Post up pics of rides you had in the past and wish you still owned. Can be car, truck , motorcycle, boat, plane.........anything!

Here's mine:

(not my actual car, but identical)

1969 Chevelle SS 396

sucp_0904_01_z+1969_chevy_chevelle_SS+front_view.jpg

1972 Chevelle SS 454

1972-chevelle-ss.jpg

Well, if it was up to my wife she would want to turn the clock back 2 months and still have the El Camino...

Adam%27s%20Detail%20Contest%20091%20%28Large%29.JPG

Me personally, I really miss my '66 Mustang

(this was not mine, but looked like it)

66_mustang_black_on_black_1.jpg

Edited by Cyclone

Cracks people up, but I miss my '71 Chevy Vega wagon with a 383 stroker in it - sure was fun. No pics handy.

Bruce

Looks like we all let some good ones get away.

Great entries in the "wish I hadn't sold it" thread here!

In college, I picked up a 1975 Caprice Classic convertible. It was a barge, had rusted through floors, and burned a quart of oil with every tank of gas. (150 miles, 20 gallons)

Bright red, white interior and power top. (Rain came directly into he car, however.) It had Dayton wire wheels, with real knock offs! Paid $2,500, and after putting about $1,000 into it, sold it for $2,500.

Managed to cram 17 people into, or onto it, and drove up and down 28th Street, the fraternity row while at USC. Amazing that nobody got hurt, and muffler dragged the entire way, and never fell off!

I couldn't bear to drive it any longer, and after realizing that I was polluting to earth with each light touch of the accelerator, sold the beast.

Here are some pix of one that was exactly like the '75 I had, only this one was much nicer: :burnout:

Oh the "Wish I hadn't..." thread

Well when the time came for me to be a father I had to do the responsible thing and sell my pride and joy. My 2003 Silverado SS... I'm fortunate to kind of know where it is now... its changed hands about 3 times, but everytime I see her I get a little misty. I worked my butt off to buy and mod that truck... but in exchange I got my little boy so I guess I can't be too sad. Somehow I managed to talk my wife into my current *cough* family vehicle :lol:

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

Hey Adam, recognize the bottle??

DSC01031.jpg

And the reason I went from a red show truck to a black 'grocery getter'... my best buddy in the whole world Tanner :D

tvkbday20001.jpg

rszdc0818.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

I wish I hadn't sold this car, but it was costing me too much money to keep running. It had 327ci/350hp, 4 speed, and NO A/C, not much fun in Florida! I drove in it several parades for my brother’s beauty pageant friends, and it was a great car to take to the beach, especially since you can drive on the beaches here! The big down side was that it overheated very quickly. During the parades I would have to ‘break formation’ and take off for a mile or so to get the temp down. Same problem at the beach, I could get onto the beach, and have to get back on the street at the next ramp.

I don’t know which number owner I was (had the car 1982-1983), but I’m sure it was into double digits. I bought the car from a co-worker that ‘always’ wanted a red Corvette, but was buying a red ’63, so she sold me the ’68. Someone had ‘glassed over headlights, then someone else had undone that. The first picture is what I had, the second is what it should have looked like if it the color hadn’t been changed.

Neither are my pics, just examples.

vf_red6l8008.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

Oh the "Wish I hadn't..." thread

Well when the time came for me to be a father I had to do the responsible thing and sell my pride and joy. My 2003 Silverado SS... I'm fortunate to kind of know where it is now... its changed hands about 3 times, but everytime I see her I get a little misty. I worked my butt off to buy and mod that truck... but in exchange I got my little boy so I guess I can't be too sad. Somehow I managed to talk my wife into my current *cough* family vehicle :lol:

Hey Adam, recognize the bottle??

DSC01031.jpg

And the reason I went from a red show truck to a black 'grocery getter'... my best buddy in the whole world Tanner :D

tvkbday20001.jpg

Well worth the trade Dylan, very well worth it! Still, nice truck, wow!

The good old "Der Shiney Stuff!" I loved that stuff. When it became VOC illegal, they failed to stop selling it, and got in some trouble.

That's why Der Stuff is now gone. . . . :willy:

The good old "Der Shiney Stuff!" I loved that stuff. When it became VOC illegal, they failed to stop selling it, and got in some trouble.

That's why Der Stuff is now gone. . . . :willy:

Funny thing is I didn't know thats why they went under... a buddy of mine who I turned onto their products called me one day and said "I ordered from DER, and they shot me back an email saying they were refunding my order and closing the business"

I immediately got on the phone with my bank, got a rough idea of what I could be approved for a small business loan and then made a bunch of attempts to get in touch with the owners to buy the business... I had so many people using it I would've made a killing... never got a response... guess that explains why. :D

Great idea for a thread, Rich!

Here are two cars I really miss. The first is my 1985 MR2. After college (1992) I drove that little thing on a 10,000 mile trip around the country, stopping at all the places I figured I'd never have time to get back to see once I had a job and all -- Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, The Pacific Coast Highway, Carlsbad Caverns, etc. This pic was taken in Grand Teton NP.

The second pic is the 75 Vette that my Dad bought brand new. I was about 5 at the time and still remember crawling into the luggage area in the back and driving around. Mom was in the passenger seat and my 7 year old sister would ride on the center console. Those days sure are long gone!

Anyway, the 75 Vette was a real dog as far as Corvette performance goes (165hp!), but Dad always kept it real nice and sold it to me in 1995 for $1000. It had about 70K on it at the time. I kept it for about 5 years, but I didn't have a place with a garage for all that time and it was hard to keep it maintained the way it really needed to be kept. That, combined with the facts that it was becoming a money drain and I wasn't using it much led me to sell it. I sort of wish I still had it -- mostly for sentimental reasons -- but I'd only want it back if I really had a proper garage space for it. (which I still don't -- the '99 calls my 1-car garage home.)

:cheers:

me.jpg

Me and my zippy MR2. :thumbsup:

mydad.jpg

Dad and the '75.

Edited by MarylandTDI

1978 LTD fullsize (as opposed to the LTD II) wagon.

Bought it in '92 for $500, drove the snot out of it for 3 years and HAD to sell it because I was deploying to Germany and it was deemed "too big" to ship.

351M engine that got 8MPG Had the "Genuine Vinyl" interior...

Wax? are you KIDDING me? I didn't have that much time

Pics scanned from film. Remember film??