Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car alarm.....

acxdarlene

Anyone know of any good car alarms??

I purchased one from the dealer when i bought my car but im affraid its not good enough. Apparently someone tried to steal my car yesterday but my alarm went off and the dogs were barking like crazy.....:(

My buddy who has worked in auto security for decades now has always sworn by viper... nothing else. He also always installs a kill switch and multiple layers of security b/c a smart theif will know how to disable most things... the key is to keep them occupied so long they evenutally give up.

LoJack is not an alarm but a recovery unit that the police use to locate stolen cars.

There are a lot of good systems out there:thumbsup:

Check with your local dealers.

Ah. Well, like I said, I have no experience with car alarms. Now I know a little bit more. :thumbsup:

There is one that i saw on truck-u but i cant think of what it was called. I get back with the name,.

Sorry i cant find it. Does anyone rember when adam was on truck u. That was when i first found out about adams.

Hi Darlene, I'm another one for a kill switch. If you need someone to install it, we have a guy at our warehouse.

The only way they can get it then is to push or tow it away!

Let me know if I can help!

-Adam:thumbsup:

I called the company that makes my alarm..i asked them if they were to disconnect my alarm would they be able to drive off with my car still and they said no that the car wont start BUT the guy i was talking to didnt sound to convincing.

This is what i currently have on my car http://www.guardianauto.com/index.php?page=g1-g2-systems

I have the G1 alarm...My car also has onstar but my whole point is i dont want them to be able to drive off with the car and strip it to pieces.

Thats the same setup the 'yota dealer put on my wifes last car... I could've stolen that car in a crowded parking lot in broad daylight with no one noticing. If she parked in the garage and left her windows down I could easily unlock the door if I moved slowly, kill the dome light, then open the door... never even so much as chirped at me.

Get a viper IMO.

Thats the same setup the 'yota dealer put on my wifes last car... I could've stolen that car in a crowded parking lot in broad daylight with no one noticing. If she parked in the garage and left her windows down I could easily unlock the door if I moved slowly, kill the dome light, then open the door... never even so much as chirped at me.

Where was that one made?.................China?:o

Go with something made by DEI,-Directed electronics inc. they make Viper, Clifford, Python, Hornet, and several others. I have a Hornet system in my car. The most important thing is the install. Ask around, and buy it from the place that is doing the install. (very important)

this forum has some good information:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1253953/page/1#Post1253953

Edited by pgp

My buddy who has worked in auto security for decades now has always sworn by viper... nothing else. He also always installs a kill switch and multiple layers of security b/c a smart theif will know how to disable most things... the key is to keep them occupied so long they evenutally give up.

That's what happened to me - except instead of giving up, they evidently came back with a flatbed :(