Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who here is going to Corvettes at Carlisle?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad, but you'll be getting into Harrisburg traffic. Can I suggest the Comfort Inn West on Carlisle Pike (rte. 11) in Mechanicsville? It's a little cheaper and a little closer, but most of all, much easier access to the fairgrounds since you can shoot right up 11. Rte 11 has the majority of the hotels and restaurants on it and it's the easiest route to gate 3.

http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=PA409&sid=4hzrM.V2TLSg8jb.5&sarea=18089&sname=Carlisle&sstate=PA&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=40.20138931274414&slon=-77.18916320800781&schain=A&exp=&scity=Carlisle&sort=&type=&map=n&month=8&day=28&depart_month=8&depart_day=30&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0

Not bad, but you'll be getting into Harrisburg traffic. Can I suggest the Comfort Inn West on Carlisle Pike (rte. 11) in Mechanicsville? It's a little cheaper and a little closer, but most of all, much easier access to the fairgrounds since you can shoot right up 11. Rte 11 has the majority of the hotels and restaurants on it and it's the easiest route to gate 3.

http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=PA409&sid=4hzrM.V2TLSg8jb.5&sarea=18089&sname=Carlisle&sstate=PA&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=40.20138931274414&slon=-77.18916320800781&schain=A&exp=&scity=Carlisle&sort=&type=&map=n&month=8&day=28&depart_month=8&depart_day=30&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0

So is the traffic there really bad? I found a room at the wyndham in harrisburg for 188.00 total for 2 nights and it is 24 miles away from the fairgrounds. But is it not worth it because of the traffic?

Got a letter in the mail today that I no longer have a room! They closed the hotel I was supposed to be staying in. Now I'm scrambling to get another room. :xfingers::xfingers:

WOW that sucks.... if the person im rooming with doesnt mind you can bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor in our room. Since i dont even know where we are staying i cant make ya any promises.

Im in the hotel business and a hotel has to be pretty bad off to close the doors right before a huge event like this. That is just amazing to me that something like that would happen.

So is the traffic there really bad? I found a room at the wyndham in harrisburg for 188.00 total for 2 nights and it is 24 miles away from the fairgrounds. But is it not worth it because of the traffic?

Can't say what the traffic would be like from there. I've never stayed around Harrisburg. I stayed in Chambersburg one year and that was about 25 miles away. Left the hotel at 5:30 Friday and Saturday mornings and got there around 6:10. Not fun driving the Vette in the dark that early in the morning and since then, I try and get as close as possible (within reason on price)

Maybe someone who lives around there can say what that route is like from H-burg. Jesse??

Can't say what the traffic would be like from there. I've never stayed around Harrisburg. I stayed in Chambersburg one year and that was about 25 miles away. Left the hotel at 5:30 Friday and Saturday mornings and got there around 6:10. Not fun driving the Vette in the dark that early in the morning and since then, I try and get as close as possible (within reason on price)

Maybe someone who lives around there can say what that route is like from H-burg. Jesse??

Early it will not be bad on 81 on saturday maybe on friday morning if your going for friday. The bad thing if there is going to be any is getting off a exit. IF i was you i would get off 81 early on to the Harrisburg pike which is in carlisle also called route 11 and go in that way.