Customer Service 866.965.0400

hot water?

whiterp199

Question

My garage has a hot water spigot in it. Would there be any advantages/disadvantages to using the hot water to wash my car. I am not sure if my cold water spigot goes through the water softener but I know the hot not only goes through the water softener, but also a few other filter to remove the smells associated with well water. I guess I am just looking for tips on if the hot water would work better. Are products like Adams car shampoo designed to work with cold water? Just a newbie with a bunch of questions.

18 answers to this question

My parents garage has a drain in it so they piped two spigots into it. Hot and Cold. I like to cross them over into one and then control the temp. HOT water hurts your hands unless you have the heater turned down. I just created a Y and use each handle like sink handles.

Chris

I use the hot water out of my garage as well. Somewhere I read or watched a vid on youtube where it said hot water is better for your paint. Maybe it was a Junkman video, cant remember.

I don't know if I said that in my video or not, but I just heat the garage up to Texas, strip down to my skivvies and wash away. :D

I don't know if I said that in my video or not, but I just heat the garage up to Texas, strip down to my skivvies and wash away. :D

Well with the excellent shape I am in I am sure everybody would love to see me out there detailing my car in my skivvies. I guess I could just tell everyone it avoids scratching the paint. Everyone thinks I am crazy enough to do it anyway with how often I wash my car.

Well with the excellent shape I am in I am sure everybody would love to see me out there detailing my car in my skivvies. I guess I could just tell everyone it avoids scratching the paint. Everyone thinks I am crazy enough to do it anyway with how often I wash my car.

I guess we'll have to take your word for that unless you PM Teresa a picture so that she can verify your modest-ness! She's the resident "crown'er of hotness." You should see the outfit I cut her grass in! :D

I guess we'll have to take your word for that unless you PM Teresa a picture so that she can verify your modest-ness! She's the resident "crown'er of hotness." You should see the outfit I cut her grass in! :D

My bad, I meant for my to come out as sarcasm. After rereading it it did not come out that way. I am fairly confident that I would not be "crowned" unless maybe I was walking through a woman's prison or something like that.

I use cold water, but I think cold water in California is lots warmer than cold water in Wisconsin.

Bruce

I would imagine. I usually wash the car on the driveway. I can start out with burning feet, but by the time I am done my feet are numb. I swear our water never gets above 40 or 45 degrees.

Just washed my company car yesterday afternoon. 32-34 degrees out with sun on the driveway. I have a sink in the garage: hot and cold with a quick disconnect attached for the hose. I mix full hot with full cold for nice warm softened water for this time of year. First bath she's had in a while, weathers been bad since Christmas eve! Look at the salt on the driveway and the icicles hanging under the front.