Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather & Interior Cleaner...

iiiJEFFiii

Question

I used the Leather & Interior Cleaner on my seats making sure to follow the instructions exactly. Sprayed on a microfiber towel and tested on an inconspicuous area of the seat and checked the towel. The tan color of the seat showed on the towel, so I diluted some of it at 1:1 ratio with water. Is it going to be safe to use on my seats? Should I be worried about rubbing all the color off? It seems to work really good, but I'm just worried about doing some kind of irreversible damage to my leather seats.

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

25 answers to this question

The seats in my Sable turned out great with the Leather cleaner followed by the conditioner. First time in three years they have been cleaned. I didn't get before pictures, but here are after pictures. My Lexol leather cleaner wouldn't cut through the grime.

Driver seat:

Driverseat.jpg

Passenger seat:

Passengerseat.jpg

Rear seat:

Passengerseat.jpg

And the dash treated with the leather conditioner:

Dashpassengerside.jpg

Dashdriverside.jpg

4118814549Should I be worried??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi Jeff, here is my input on this: Spray the Leather & Interior Cleaner on to a damp microfiber towel. (damp with water.)

Clean only the areas that are dirty. Follow with Leather & Interior Conditioner.

Why is color coming up? Leather comes in a zillion different colors, and is dyed in a myriad of methods. Some leather simply has a tendency to act like yours has, and I'd just offer these words of advice:

Only remove dirt with any cleaner. Use the Conditioner more often, with the red UFO-looking applicator, and that will remove some lightly soiled leather.

Call me if you have more questions, and I'd be happy to walk you through to a solution!

Cell: 303-718-9480.

Thanks Jeff!

-Adam:2thumbs:

Jeff, with Flickr, do this.

Left click on the picture you want to post. When it comes up, RIGHT click on it. At the bottom of the little pop up window that comes up, you'll see the word "properties". Click on it. You'll see a list , and when you see Address...........highlight the whole address (don't include the word address) Make sure you get the beginning (http, etc) and the end part (jpeg). While it is highlighted, use your "ctrl" key and your "C" key at the same time and it will copy the address.

Then go to your reply to thead post. You'll see a little yellow box insertimage.gif like this up above. Click on it. You'll get another pop up box with http:// highlighted in blue. DON"T click on that. Just use your "ctrl" key and your "V" key at the same time and it will paste your address into the box. Click okay and it should post up your pics.

Hope that helps you out.

Rich

4118814549_d81b19ff88.jpg

4118811999_b992d4607b.jpg

Doesn't look like much to worry about Jeff. Looks like embedded dirt to me. And if it's a new car, it could be some dried dye that didn't get wiped off at the factory. If you can find a spot where you can do some good rubbing with the leather cleaner, do it and see if you are really getting the actual color off. But be sure to follow up with the conditioner.

Michael aka Zeus...your car looks brand new inside. :rockon::rockon:

Thanks!! It DOES get a little dirty though, being the daily driver. But adam's does wonders to this thing.

A little before and after action!! :bow: The sun was a little brighter in the first pic, so the color is a little off compared to the second one.

DSC_0009.jpg

705329760_Pc7Bx-XL.jpg

I use the leather and interior cleaner and conditioner both on virtually every piece of my interior in both of my vehicles except for the carpet and headliner. Never had an issue.

Here's a couple of pics of the G8 from a weekend or two ago. Even with the weird dash material that is in the G8's, this cleaner and conditioner works perfect on it. Never had an interior that looked this good before I found adams. :banana: The others just don't compare.

705329760_Pc7Bx-XL.jpg

705340841_J2zbX-XL.jpg

705345038_uAxip-XL.jpg

705338139_vi99Y-XL.jpg

Some lighter colors tend to "chalk" with certain cleaners. Just like paint. Won't come off till it's wet with a chemical. Could be you have that problem. I'd try it again on a spot that you won't see too well and see if you continue to get residue. Could be it's just old dry flakes that came off. But whether you dilute it or not, once you've finished cleaning, be sure to follow up with the conditioner to keep it from drying out in the future. :2thumbs:

Great advice. :cheers:

I have not had a problem with newer vehicles... My F-150, and the Grand Prix both have been treated and cleaned with the L&IC and no problems at all. However, on the El Camino, we did get "milky" spots on the dash that too forever to take out, and had to use a different product.

Some lighter colors tend to "chalk" with certain cleaners. Just like paint. Won't come off till it's wet with a chemical. Could be you have that problem. I'd try it again on a spot that you won't see too well and see if you continue to get residue. Could be it's just old dry flakes that came off. But whether you dilute it or not, once you've finished cleaning, be sure to follow up with the conditioner to keep it from drying out in the future. :2thumbs:

I used it on my lite grey leather seats, sprayed on towel and wipe seats got a little grey and alot of darker color from the dirt. U would notice the leather spot u cleaned would be brighter. I did not dilute my at all, just do that same spot again to see if u get more color or dirt onto ur towel.

Archived