Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats your next car?

6spdg37s

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always had a thing for the Quattroporte... as the economy gets better I might pick up a used 07 or so model. In blue, of course. Fortunately, I have a friend who is the Parts Manager for a Ferrari/Maserati dealer, so hopefully repairs won't kill me!

Of course, I'll drop it a little, do exhaust, and rock 21" wheels...

maserati-quattroporte-baltimore.jpg

And I still dream of putting together a SuperFormance Cobra, with an aluminum 4.0 liter Lexus V8 and a 6-speed Supra transmission. :cheers:

The challenger should be sick. If I have money I will be first in line for a Sublime green if they ever come out. :thumbsup:

Rumor mill is a buzz....looks like they might release the 2011 with the Sublime and with a 6.4L Hemi. I think it will look something like this:

3707724795_3babb5fef3.jpg

:drool:

Those Hemis look great. I just bought one in a new Ram Pickup. On the 4 yr rotation is a new car for the wife. She has had hers for 2yrs now and the choice will be a CPO BMW or Audi. Hers is the first foreign car I have ever bought and this thing has been great. At 60,000 miles it feels tight as new. So, my next new ride will probably be a CPO'ed BMW convertible or an Audi convertible.

Count on it. As I understand it, the purple will be dark like the purple on the limited run they did with the Charger. Like this:

P1060058.jpg

3 words...Peace of Mind. I'm sure I'll pay MSRP for the Challenger but I expected to. The Challenger is the only car Dodge has right now that sells and the dealers know it. Every dealer I've been to around here is charging 5k to 10k over MSRP. I guess I could spend hours of shopping around trying to get a better deal but with this car being as rare as it is I'd rather not take any chances. I found his name with a little research & everyone was raving about how honest & customer service oriented he was so I looked him up. So far, so good. Mine was one of the first ordered (if not the first) and the first moved to "C" status and he's kept me updated every step of the way.

What about delivery of the car to you? Did you have to pay alot for that or was that included?

To try to recapture my youth. An Alfa Romeo 8C Spider. Only if they come with an automatic though.

I'm getting to old to row. I'll leave that for all you kids out there.

I had a 1964 Giulietta Spider. I courted my former wife in that car.

I was crushed when they stopped importing them. :mad: I was getting ready to buy one in 95 when they stopped.

If they start importing them again, that is.:xfingers: I've read that now that Fiat owns Chrysler,

we may see the 2010 models in Dodge dealerships next year.

Also, IF (big if) I can fit into one. (I'm your average overweight, out of shape, old fart.)

I'll be standing in line, checkbook in hand the day they show up.:bow::bow:

What about delivery of the car to you? Did you have to pay alot for that or was that included?

Haven't worked out the details on that yet but no, it's not included. I haven't decided if I want to have it shipped or fly out and drive it back. I did the fly n drive thing with the G8 but I don't think I want to put that many miles on the Challenger. If I can find someone to bring it to me (preferably in an enclosed trailer) for around 1K I'll have it shipped.

I currently have a 2005 toyota tundra access cab. Hope to upgrade to a diesel crew cab 4x4 in the next few years. Probaby a ford f-250. Just whatever I can find the best deal on, but got my mind set on a f-250 crew cab with about 50,000 miles on it.

Haven't worked out the details on that yet but no, it's not included. I haven't decided if I want to have it shipped or fly out and drive it back. I did the fly n drive thing with the G8 but I don't think I want to put that many miles on the Challenger. If I can find someone to bring it to me (preferably in an enclosed trailer) for around 1K I'll have it shipped.

Why don't you just have it sent to your local dealership via Dodge freight? At least with Fords you can do this.

I'll be getting one of these...

3984437189_cbf8f6e481_b.jpg

I think thats what an enclosed trailer will roughly run. Was looking into it when I picked my viper up last year. But ended up getting it from a local dealer.

My next ride... (by the time I'm finished paying for my car, this will probably suit me perfect. LOL)

picture.php?albumid=268&pictureid=1523

A little VRT on the seat and tires and some Americana on that paint job and I'll be ready to roll!

My mother in law has that same model -- I'll put you in touch, maybe the two of you can start a Scooter Club at the old folks home! :cheers:

By the way... she's single! :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Why don't you just have it sent to your local dealership via Dodge freight? At least with Fords you can do this.

I'll be getting one of these...

3984437189_cbf8f6e481_b.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Shane did you see Silverado new zr2 that is trying to compete with the ford raptor. I think i would want one of each.

I had thought about that too and I think you only have to pay a few hundred dollars in some kind of convenience fee or freight charge. My only concern is I don't want anyone from the local dealer touching it. I drove by the local Dodge dealer a couple nights ago and the sales people were lounging around leaning on the challenger they had out front. I've seen them just sitting in them passing time while they wait for customer's to show. Just not getting a good vibe. Scares me to think what they might do to a limited run Plum Crazy that they may never see on their lot otherwise.

Btw...both of those trucks you guys posted pictures of are monsters. Nice.

I would say my next car is still a Challenger, but I refuse to pay over sticker for one and all the dealers around here think they are selling gold not cars. I'll wait forever to get one at the price I think they should be. The Plum Crazy run almost made me pull the trigger on one for about 4k over MSRP but I just can't bring myself to do it.

WOW... this topic is perfect as I'm in the midst of trying to make up my mind about what to do.

I love the TBSS, but for a 4 door SUV the backseat is puny (especially with all 6'2" of me in the driver seat) I want something with some more room and I've got the new car bug... I've had the TBSS for 3 years, 8 months... about a year and 8 months longer than I've ever kept one vehicle ever.

Right now the leading contender is a Sierra Denali... probably go with white this time around (black paint care is slowly killing me) aggressive drop, 24's, debadge, shave, stay pretty tame on the performance upgrades.

The other option I'm kicking around is an Avalanche... before everyone screams "WHY?!?!?" hear me out. I've got a vision for a dropped and cleanly modded Avy... you just don't see many avalanches dropped. I know I can go 4/6 on the drop and still fit a 24" wheel

Inspiration:

27445.jpg

I would say my next car is still a Challenger, but I refuse to pay over sticker for one and all the dealers around here think they are selling gold not cars. I'll wait forever to get one at the price I think they should be. The Plum Crazy run almost made me pull the trigger on one for about 4k over MSRP but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I was the same way. I see no reason to pay over sticker either. Email Bob (see my tag in my previous post) and see what he can do for you. Even if you don't buy from him, maybe he can give you some answers. He's been more than happy to answer my questions.

Signing paperwork now on a 2007 Subaru Forrester for my son. It will be his first car! Gonna have to do a good detail on it now. Just what I need, more work!

That is a great car. I was given an outback, my mom's old car, after my first car a 96 Pontiac Bonneville decided it no longer liked having a transmission. The Bonneville had been my dads car and he knew it was in trouble, but he figured why not let me drive it for a first car until it dies.

I loved the Subaru. It was not a speed demon, but it got me through snow ice rain etc. It has now been passed onto my brother. 125,000 miles and still running like new.

Also teach your son how to detail the car. This would be a great learning/bonding experience for the two of you. That is what my dad did. It was not the must fun thing for me at the time, but hey now I am a detailaholic. I just cannot live with out Adam'sahol

Archived