Customer Service 866.965.0400

Classic Car and Salt

Ferrari348

Question

I have a quick question. I just bought a new car to me, a 1966 Corvette. I'm having it delivered, but the truck can't get to my house because of small roads. I need to drive it a few miles.

What's the best way to get any salt and sand off the car? I probably can't use too much water because of the temp outside. Will the waterless system work for me? It won't be much grime, but I'd like to get it off if possible.

Nice looking car:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Is it coming in a covered semi? If so, maybe you can have them drop it off at a garage near your house. You then can have a local towing company meet it with a flat bed and bring that baby home.

:iagree:and nice Vette :bravo:

My second Vette was a 66 with the 427/435 h p engine. After valve spring broke putting valve into piston rebuilt with L88 parts and few other goodies resulting in 515 h p. Same nasua blue. Enjoy !! :burnout:

DAYUM!! I'm jealous! Beautiful Vette! I have to agree with TR6speed and ask around. Maybe a buddy or a friend of a friend has an enclosed trailer and truck that they'd be willing to help you out with. That car is too nice to ever see salt. Local car dealership or a garage with a rollback? I'm not familiar enough with those years to know if you need them or not, but if you do, don't forget the jacking pucks if you're planning to put it up on a lift at some point.

Let us know how it all turns out and post up some pics of it in its new home. :2thumbs:

That is one sweet ride. Is it a numbers matching car? My first one was a 427/425 roadster, in Sebring Silver. You are 100% correct, the stinger works well to tie the interior to the exterior. Best of luck with it, and you will not need jacking pucks on the C2.

That is a beauty !!!!!

Do you have any Under Carriage Spray ? If you are forced to drive through snow you could try saturating the under carriage with that, it might help to keep it from sticking ???

That is a beauty !!!!!

Do you have any Under Carriage Spray ? If you are forced to drive through snow you could try saturating the under carriage with that, it might help to keep it from sticking ???

I'm going to try that this winter to see if the snow doesn't stick as much and buildup in the fenders. :glasses:

Archived