Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sold my truck :(

ExpressThis13

Question

Might I add another option to your list....

Pontiac G8 GT or GXP!!

American V8, RWD, and a blast to drive.

Sad to see your truck go... we were on the SSS.com site together in the early days, more and more over there you notice the original crew is offloading their trucks... its the end of an era IMO.

I agree with you 100% Dylan but it was the best option for me financially, believe me though if money wasnt tight right now that thing would still be sitting in my driveway. I want to do something cheap around 10k just for awhile until I get a financially stable job where I can go something more expensive again. I would absolutly love to have a G8 GT or GXP those things are the baddest 4 door sedans imo. Ive wanted one since they came out. there are actually 4 Trailblazer SS very close to me which im drooling over :drool: 3 black ones and a blue one.

Raised my kid for 10 years as a single father - so I had this '05 Grand Caravan SXT SSE with all the options (heated seats are a waste in Central FL) (nevermind the trailer in the background - an investment I remodeled and flipped for a quick profit)

She moved in with mama for 18 months and I figured I was in the clear - so I bought the vette (you see in my avatar) in an effort to get out from under the quickly depreciating minivan.

2 weeks after I got the Vette, my daughter moved back in with me. Thankfully, the wife has an SUV (she's looking for a Vette now too...)

So, I understand the need for the grocery getter. I put the rims on the van after a Circuit City employee said "borrowed yer moms van?" while helping me load something... next day, 18's were fitted and bolted on.

It's funny really. When our kids were young, we had a full size Blazer, but only two doors. And every car we had when they were growing up was a coupe too. All the way up till the Impala. Like I said, I didn't really want a sedan, but now we watch the granddaughter 3 days a week and have the baby seat in the back, so a 4 door was a must.

Unreal. I'm 63 years old and I had to buy a 4 door for GRANDKIDS!! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Agreed but it's hard to do now AND transport children easily.

The G8 and the Charger and 300C are really the only "domestic" cars and the G8 is no more... :(

Raised my kid for 10 years as a single father - so I had this '05 Grand Caravan SXT SSE with all the options (heated seats are a waste in Central FL) (nevermind the trailer in the background - an investment I remodeled and flipped for a quick profit)

2005DodgeGrandCaravan10800x600.jpg

She moved in with mama for 18 months and I figured I was in the clear - so I bought the vette (you see in my avatar) in an effort to get out from under the quickly depreciating minivan.

2 weeks after I got the Vette, my daughter moved back in with me. Thankfully, the wife has an SUV (she's looking for a Vette now too...)

So, I understand the need for the grocery getter. I put the rims on the van after a Circuit City employee said "borrowed yer moms van?" while helping me load something... next day, 18's were fitted and bolted on.

gotta have rear drive wheels... burnouts in FWD cars just remind me of being 16 and borrowing mom's grocery getter.

Dylan's truck makes me want another truck myself... nice.

Agreed but it's hard to do now AND transport children easily.

The G8 and the Charger and 300C are really the only "domestic" cars and the G8 is no more... :(

Guest Gone & Forgotten

gotta have rear drive wheels... burnouts in FWD cars just remind me of being 16 and borrowing mom's grocery getter.

Dylan's truck makes me want another truck myself... nice.

honestly im not really a 4 door guy or buick guy and im a fan of monte carlos. I found a 04 maxima fully loaded for 10k.

I actually have a hard decision my brother is in the marines and is getting deployed here in feb and he has a 01 Trans Am WS6 black ttop automatic and he has offered it to me but I will need to get it transported up here from NC and it will hit me about 600 bucks and I would have a car for a little over a year.

Oh yeah and my car for the time being is a 2002 Buick Regal GS Loaded Supercharged.

I'd rather drive that then a Monte... Never been a fan...

My buddy has a Maxima and even though it's a V6 it'll still get along pretty well down the road. They've never had any issues with it. :thumbsup:

It's getting rid of a truck that would be hard for me.

Chris

I don't have the Monte any more. Traded it in last year for an SS Impala, also fully loaded with sunroof and leather. Too bad it's a 4 door. Never had one before and would rather have a coupe.

I hear ya... good job on letting your brain do the decision making instead of your heart. Its not always easy to go with the sensible choice, but you're better for it in the long run.

I'm just glad you're here now so I can keep tabs on my former SSS owning brothers :D

Ah hell... this threads making me all sentimental... I miss my red baby.

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

seeing pictures is making me want another so badly and it only left 2 days ago.

I agree with you 100% Dylan but it was the best option for me financially, believe me though if money wasnt tight right now that thing would still be sitting in my driveway. I want to do something cheap around 10k just for awhile until I get a financially stable job where I can go something more expensive again. I would absolutly love to have a G8 GT or GXP those things are the baddest 4 door sedans imo. Ive wanted one since they came out. there are actually 4 Trailblazer SS very close to me which im drooling over :drool: 3 black ones and a blue one.

I hear ya... good job on letting your brain do the decision making instead of your heart. Its not always easy to go with the sensible choice, but you're better for it in the long run.

I'm just glad you're here now so I can keep tabs on my former SSS owning brothers :D

Ah hell... this threads making me all sentimental... I miss my red baby.

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

He just called me a couple days ago and was all about my truck and he came up and we went to the bank and now shes gone so this all happened within 4 days and I miss her already :(

My next car is gonna be another 2000-2002 Silverado or Sierra with a 5.3V8 Ext Cab, A 1998-2002 Camaro Or T/A with a LS1V8 and M6, A Mustang GT 2000-2004 M5, 2000-2005 Monte Carlo SS 3.8V6 fully loaded with a sunroof and leather, or I will find me a Maxima 2002-2004 with a 3.5V6 Fully Loaded.

My main 3 would be a silverado, sierra, or camaro those are my main 3 I want. After having a V8 I don't think I would be happy with a V6 Monte Carlo. I have already found a sweet 2002 Camaro M6 Blue with TTops for 14k with only 50k miles on it. The first thing I would do if I got it would be a nice smoky burnout out followed by :burnout:

Well that sucks! I could have sold you my 02 Monte SS. Fully loaded with sunroof and leather. Only had 60,000 on it.

000_0666.jpg

Might I add another option to your list....

Pontiac G8 GT or GXP!!

American V8, RWD, and a blast to drive.

Sad to see your truck go... we were on the SSS.com site together in the early days, more and more over there you notice the original crew is offloading their trucks... its the end of an era IMO.

WOW... that was sudden. Was this a planned sale or did you just get a good offer and couldn't pass it up??

He just called me a couple days ago and was all about my truck and he came up and we went to the bank and now shes gone so this all happened within 4 days and I miss her already :(

My next car is gonna be another 2000-2002 Silverado or Sierra with a 5.3V8 Ext Cab, A 1998-2002 Camaro Or T/A with a LS1V8 and M6, A Mustang GT 2000-2004 M5, 2000-2005 Monte Carlo SS 3.8V6 fully loaded with a sunroof and leather, or I will find me a Maxima 2002-2004 with a 3.5V6 Fully Loaded.

My main 3 would be a silverado, sierra, or camaro those are my main 3 I want. After having a V8 I don't think I would be happy with a V6 Monte Carlo. I have already found a sweet 2002 Camaro M6 Blue with TTops for 14k with only 50k miles on it. The first thing I would do if I got it would be a nice smoky burnout out followed by :burnout:

Archived