Customer Service 866.965.0400

All In One Product?

Sooners

Question

Anyone know if Adam's has any plans to release an all in one cleaner, polish, and wax?

It seems like every car care company has an AIO product. I just realized Adam's doesn't have one. That's not a bad thing, but they usually seem to be popular since many people don't want to mess with the separate steps.

I suppose you could argue that people who use Adam's don't mind the separate steps, but there's other premium car care companies that produce these, so somebody must be using them.

I've found them to be useful for detailing cars for family/friends. When I know they're not going to take care of the car after I detail it, and they won't truly appreciate the separate steps or notice a difference, an AIO is a nice time saver.

If Adam's made one, would you try it?

20 answers to this question

Hey guys

I see a two sided story here IMO, The first being a car (lets use mine) get's a full detail or what I like to call a complete polishing 2 maybe 3 times a year. That consist of a wash of course then claying and then a good cleaning next polished and last a couple good coats of a protectant.

Do weekly washes and all but even weekly washes wont remove road grime along with industrial fall-chemical contaminants dirt and dust that gets embeded into the pores of your paint.

That's were clay comes into play right? to remove the above surface bonded contaminants these little bumps sticking out of your paints surface. But what about what the clay can't get that's already embeded into the paint itself, OK then get out the SHR with the orange pad?cleaned up to pefection now! Now polish it or go ahead and apply some wax.

Here's what I'm getting at, I do this 2 and maybe 3 times a year. So what about the times like say a month down the road just after a full detail, I weekly wash it and use a quik detail after every wash. And after every wash I feel the surface with my clean dry hand/finger tips and don't feel any bumps, so I let it go at that and it feels almost like I just waxed, it almost! So let it go another couple weeks with the 2 weekly washes and QD now it's not really smooth no more. What about applying another coat of wax? The problem I see with this is now I've just waxed and sealed road grim-chemical contaminants and anything else that has bonded into my paint surfaces.

And again weekly washes alone wont remove these nasty and harsh contaminants, there's always claying your right but that removes the waxes too, and using the SHR again now your left with a bare unprotected surface that needs a complete detail again just 2 months after your first complete detail.

Here's my point after I, like every great member on here I want to keep my vehicle has nice as can be, But at the same time I want to use the least aggressive way. And I feel that using a cleaner any cleaner for the fact actually removes a very small amount of paint (how else do you remove swirls) so thats where I do like the fact of a AIO or cleaner wax to use about every 2 or 3 months after a full detail about like an oil change if you will just a quik maintenance, because the fact is they have very small/mild cleaners plus polish and a protectant of some kind to help get you through until the next full detail in about 2 or 3 months and the most important thing is I'm not removing any more paint then needs be and keeping my paints surface in as good as condition as any daily driver and some garage queens can be.

Also see another side that wasn't mentioned, OK I use the least aggressive way I've cleared that up, but now I could go ahead and use the SHR but instead of using the orange pad get another pad say the white pad(I know it's for the polish) but also softer so the SHR wont be as aggressive with this route. Or use the fine machine polish with the orange pad for alittle more aggressiveness if it contains any cleaners then apply a coat of wax. another option my be just clay and the wax. There's just so many applications-techniques and products to do or try and have another way around not having a AIO or cleaner/wax.

So now after reading this thread when I can start ordering these great products I will be trying different things with products-pads and techniques and maybe even mixing some together to see if anything comes from it.

I just like to think about different options and ways of doing things, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone just my two cents and opinion. And like alot of you from reading your post I too can't wait to make an order.:2thumbs:

I use a cleaner wax for my daily driver that sits outside 24/7.

Since it is constantly exposed to the elements, I like the little bit of cleaning ability I get with a cleaner wax/AIO type product.

I certainly don't want to clay & polish every time I wax.

Have you tried the Waterless Car Wash yet? :2thumbs::2thumbs:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-440-new-waterless-car-wash.aspx

I use a cleaner wax for my daily driver that sits outside 24/7.

Since it is constantly exposed to the elements, I like the little bit of cleaning ability I get with a cleaner wax/AIO type product.

I certainly don't want to clay & polish every time I wax.

I'm not interested in an AIO. I prefer to do it right the first time, not to have to fix mistakes I made by NOT doing it right.

It's like anything in life. You get what you pay for and you reap what you sow.

Quick, cheap and easy will give you equal results.

JMO.

The funny thing I see on other detailing forums are people who will use an AIO and then top it with a pure wax/sealant. Many times the AIO is preceded with something stronger to remove swirls. Therefore, why the AIO when separate steps are being used? :confused: An unexplained mystery I suppose.

The thing with AIO's is that they tend to do everything OK, but nothing really well... kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of approach. To that end I say "why bother?" if the cleaning ability is moderate then you'll need to do a thoruough cleaning more often. if the polishing ability is moderate, you'll have to polish again to get it perfect. If the wax appearance and durability is moderate then you'll have to wax more often.

I'd rather have more steps that do what they're supposed to than one step that only kind of does everything.

I am with dylan i think if people are going to sit down and detail there car they want the best. Some might want convience but i think better results overides it

I think if you mixed Revive and BW you'd have an AIO, someone should give it a try and let us all know how it works. Might be ok for door jams and such :confused::confused::confused:

I talked to Adam about it a long time ago and I think what Dylan just said covers it :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

The thing with AIO's is that they tend to do everything OK, but nothing really well... kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of approach. To that end I say "why bother?" if the cleaning ability is moderate then you'll need to do a thoruough cleaning more often. if the polishing ability is moderate, you'll have to polish again to get it perfect. If the wax appearance and durability is moderate then you'll have to wax more often.

I'd rather have more steps that do what they're supposed to than one step that only kind of does everything.

:iagree: That's how I view it. I just got to thinking about it, seeing all these other companies with them, and was just curious if Adam had one in the pipeline.

Archived