Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlamp Polishing

JBP

Question

I'll try to keep this brief - I recently upgraded to the 2 gen machine pads including the small size. I have a small car and thought I would be using them more than the full size. Regardless, I had finished my car and decided I would try cleaning up the plastic headlight covers on my wife's 2004 Toyota. I really wasn't intending to put a lot of effort into the project - just kind of give it a quick test.

I shouldn't have doubted - it worked great! We live in the desert and our cars are subject to blazing sun and wind-blown sand. The pictures don't really show how much change there was - just cellphone captures. I had been considering buying a separate kit for this but there is no need.

****ed impressive!

17 answers to this question

Ive been doing some from time to time... One of my fav that came out awesome was this g35

I'll second that. I helped a friend with his G35. Now I drive a G8, but even I couldn't help eying his car when we were done. What a difference it made!

I figured that I would try my new 4" pads out yesterday as well, did the p/u.

Used my cordless drill, as said earlier it seems to easier to get into tighter spots, maybe next time I'll try the :pc:, I didn't clay, prolly should of, but anyway anywho, used the yellow pad with SHR, followed by the orange pad with the SMP, and then I applied some SMW by hand, didn't want to wash another pad:willy:

Here are a few pictures, but please don't look past the headlights;

headlights001.jpg

headlights002.jpg

headlights009.jpg

headlights008.jpg

The job didn't take too long and the lights came out sparkling, now I need to do something with the grill! :eek:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

Used quick detailer, and clay bar. That destroyed my small piece of clay bar lol.

Then used the SHR, with the 4'' yellow pad, followed up with the 4'' orange pad with SHR, then FMP with the 4'' white pad. The drivers side needed more work so I started over on it. Then it looked just as new :)

You could easly see the cloud reflections on it. Threw some MSW to give it a nice seal. im going to try to get some follow up pictures soon.

Did you use swirl and haze remover and fine machine polish? Did you treat the headlights with anything after polishing to protect them? They look great.

Ive been doing some from time to time... One of my fav that came out awesome was this g35

Before...

100_2245.jpg

100_2246.jpg

100_2247.jpg

100_2248.jpg

After...

100_2250.jpg

100_2251.jpg

100_2249.jpg

100_2252.jpg

I have done about a dozen headlights and people are starting to ask me about it. It is amazing how easy it is and the difference it makes. I have been using a drill but I would like to try it on a PC. I would think that while the PC gives you a little more control the drill will allow you to get in tight areas near the edge because it is moving only in one direction. Is this true?

Actually - both. I started with a cordless drill but the battery tanked after a couple of minutes so I switched to the PC to finish. Both worked well but the PC (as is probably common knowledge) offers much better control.

Archived